Generic Name and Formulations:
Alpha1-proteinase inhibitor (human) 1000mg/vial; lyophilized pwd for IV infusion after reconstitution; preservative-free.
Grifols Biologicals, Inc.
- Freedom From Most Bothersome Headache-Associated Symptom Feasible as Primary End Point
- Sphenopalatine Ganglion Blockade Improves Connectivity in Medication Overuse Headache
- FDA Taps Social Media to Identify and Assess Emerging Drug Abuse Threats
- Antirheumatic Indications for Nonsteroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs (NSAIDs)
- Arthritis Treatments: NSAIDs
- Antipyretic Medications
Indications for PROLASTIN-C:
For chronic augmentation and maintenance therapy in adults with clinical evidence of emphysema due to severe alpha1-proteinase inhibitor deficiency.
Give by IV infusion at a rate of 0.08mL/kg/min. 60mg/kg once weekly.
IgA deficient patients with antibodies against IgA.
Contains human plasma; monitor for possible infection transmission (eg, viruses, Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease agent). Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Upper respiratory tract infection, UTI, nausea, pain, chills, cough, dizziness, dyspnea, headache, hot flush, oral candidiasis; rash, hypersensitivity reactions (discontinue if occur).
Single-use vial—1 (w. diluent + needles)
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Notifications by PDMPs May Not Effectively Reduce Opioid Misuse
- Virtual Reality May Effectively Reduce Sensory, Affective, and Cognitive Pain During Labor
- Suprazygomatic Sphenopalatine Ganglion Block May Quickly Relieve Status Migrainosus Pain
- Electroacupuncture May Help Reduce Opioid Use in Chronic Musculoskeletal Pain
- Low Literacy Self-Management Program for Chronic Pain May Be Effective
- Neuropathic Pain Medications
- Higher Buprenorphine Dose May Not Increase Severity of Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome
- Terms Used for Addiction May Be Associated With Explicit, Implicit Bias
- Ketamine Infusions May Be Effective for Refractory Headache
- Physical, Psychosocial Activity May Be Protective Against Development of Chronic Pain in Older Adults
- The Challenge of Compassion in Modern Healthcare Settings
- Republican Opposition to Obamacare: What's Done, What's to Come
- Lowering Default Pill Counts in EMRs May Effectively Reduce Postoperative Opioid Prescription Numbers
- Steps Taken to Increase Use of Electronic Tools in Medicine
- Daily and Retrospective Pain Measurements Comparable in Hip Osteoarthritis