PRIMATENE TABLETS OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Ephedrine HCl 12.5mg, guaifenesin 200mg.
Pfizer Consumer Healthcare
Indications for PRIMATENE TABLETS:
Temporary relief of mild asthma symptoms. Cough.
Do not exceed recommended dose. 1–2 tabs every 4 hours as needed. Max: 12 tabs per 24 hours.
During or within 14 days of MAOIs.
Asthma associated hospitalization. Cardiac disease. Hypertension. Diabetes. Thyroid disease. Seizures. Narrow angle glaucoma. Psychoses. GI or GU obstruction. Consult medical advice if symptoms worsen or do not improve within 60mins, or need 12 tabs in any day, or use >8 tabs/day for more than 3 days/week, or have >2 asthma attacks/week. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Sympathomimetic + expectorant.
Avoid caffeine-containing products, stimulant dietary supplements. Caution with other sympathomimetics (eg, phenylephrine, pseudoephedrine, ephedrine), weight control agents, antidepressants, sedatives.
Nervousness, insomnia, tachycardia, tremor, seizure.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Opioid Use Disorders: Advances in Pharmacotherapy Provide Long-term Results
- Abuse-Deterrent Opioid Formulations: Barriers to Broader Use
- Women Frequently Prescribed High Doses of Opioids After Vaginal Delivery
- Notifications by PDMPs May Not Effectively Reduce Opioid Misuse
- Medical Cannabis Legalization Associated With Reduced Schedule III Opioid Prescriptions
- Neuropathic Pain Medications
- Higher Buprenorphine Dose May Not Increase Severity of Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome
- Terms Used for Addiction May Be Associated With Explicit, Implicit Bias
- Ketamine Infusions May Be Effective for Refractory Headache
- Physical, Psychosocial Activity May Be Protective Against Development of Chronic Pain in Older Adults
- A Physician's Guide to Incorporating Patient Spirituality in Practice
- FDA Taps Social Media to Identify and Assess Emerging Drug Abuse Threats
- Buffered Lidocaine May Be Superior to Nonbuffered Lidocaine for Inferior Alveolar Nerve Block
- Virtual Reality May Effectively Reduce Sensory, Affective, and Cognitive Pain During Labor
- Marijuana's Uncertain Status: Closing the Gap Between State and Federal Policies