Investigators aimed to find the link between exposure to triptans in utero and externalizing behavior, internalizing behavior, communication, and temperament in children.
Based on current evidence, there is a strong consensus that medication-assisted treatment is recommended over detoxification in the treatment of opioid use disorder during pregnancy.
Researchers aim to determine a pattern of migraine, in terms of frequency, intensity, and analgesic use, in women with and without menstrual migraine.
Headache screening should be a routine part of a prenatal visit so that if and when a patient presents with an attack, a suitable plan of action is already established.
Between 2005 and 2014, the prevalence of chronic conditions increased across all segments of the childbearing population, including substance use disorder.
Although a majority of women with rheumatoid arthritis were previously though to achieve remission during pregnancy, recent studies indicate remission occurs in only 20% to 40% of cases.
Women who are pregnant and have migraines are more likely to have posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD) than women without migraine.
There is no association between intellectual disability and maternal use of antidepressants during pregnancy.
Most opioid-dependent pregnant patients understand that intravenous drug use is a major transmission modality of hepatitis C virus.
Head Computed Tomography Safe in Pregnant Women Presenting With Headache in the Emergency DepartmentMay 10, 2017
MRI is ordered more often than CT for pregnant patients with headache, despite no significant difference in radiation risk.
The estimated overall prevalence of migraine is 18% in women and 6% in men, and the rate is as high as 37% among women during the reproductive years.
Pregnant women who seek treatment for acute migraine may experience higher rates of preterm delivery, preeclampsia, and low birth weight compared with the general population.
Exposure to Pregabalin During the First Trimester Leads to Increased Incidence of Major Birth DefectsJune 06, 2016
Researchers found the importance of intense behavioral health follow-up to reduce the occurrence of neonatal abstinence syndrome.
The pregnant patient with rheumatoid arthritis may need to have pain medication changed due to potential effects on the fetus.
This randomized, controlled study found that women assigned to a PO patient-controlled analgesia (PCA) regimen after c/s had comparable rates of pain control as compared to patients receiving standard parental analgesia for postoperative pain management.
A new study revealed that pregnant women with severe migraine may be at increased risk for labor and delivery complications.
Travel to affected regions not recommended for pregnant women or women considering pregnancy.
14 to 22% of pregnant women in the United States are prescribed opioids.
PAMORA strategy appears to safe with superior effectiveness.
Prolonged acetaminophen use (1 week) by pregnant women may suppress fetal testosterone production, according to researchers from the University of Edinburgh.
Study discusses link between opioid use and neonatal abstinence syndrome.
Opioid use in women of reproductive-age has been a hot topic in the news of late.
Health officials recommend lowest effective dose for shortest amount of time.
In women with vitamin B-12 deficiency, high DDT linked to lower incidence of clinical pregnancy
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Manual Therapy vs Opioids for Management of Shoulder, Spine Pain
- Opioids: Clinician Concern and Prescribing Practices
- Screening for Hyperglycemia Prior to Steroid Injections for Chronic Pain
- Ensuring Safety During Long-Term Opioid Therapy
- Intervention by Pharmacists May Effectively Reduce Use of Inappropriate Medications in the Elderly
- Serum Vitamin D Levels and Risk for Migraine
- Rimegepant Orally Dissolving Formulation Provides Rapid Relief From Acute Migraine
- Updated Evidence-Based Recommendations for Buprenorphine Treatment
- Business Degree Increasingly Useful for Doctors
- Prescription Digital Therapeutic Approved for Opioid Use Disorder
- Tips Provided for Budgeting in Medical Residency
- Give Thanks: The Role of Gratitude in Combating Burnout
- Persistent Back Pain Linked to Earlier Mortality in Older Women
- Cannabinoids May Be Effective on Experimental Pain Threshold and Tolerance, Not Intensity
- PainDETECT May Not Be Optimal to Detect Neuropathic Components of Orofacial Pain