PRED-G OPH OINT Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Prednisolone acetate 0.6%, gentamicin (as sulfate) 0.3%.
Indications for PRED-G OPH OINT:
Ocular inflammation associated with infection.
½ inch 1–3 times daily; max 8g for initial ℞.
Fungal, viral or mycobacterial infections.
Not for uncomplicated removal of foreign body. Corneal or scleral thinning. Glaucoma. Monitor for secondary infections, cataracts, and intraocular pressure in prolonged use. May mask signs of infection. Avoid abrupt cessation. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Steroid + aminoglycoside.
In prolonged use increased intraocular pressure, cataracts, corneal perforation, optic nerve damage, secondary infections. Ocular discomfort (eg, burning, stinging, hyperemia, pain, discharge, edema, irritation), visual impairment, blurry vision, foreign body sensation in eyes, dysgeusia, punctate keratitis, delayed wound healing, hypersensitivity or allergic skin reactions.
Susp—5mL, 10mL; Oint—3.5g
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- FDA Takes Steps to Reconcile Needs of Patients With Chronic Pain, Efforts to Curb Opioid Epidemic
- DFN-02 Nasal Spray Safe, Effective for Acute Treatment of Episodic Migraine
- Stat Consult: Chronic Low Back Pain
- Opioid Misuse May Help Predict Alcohol Dependence Treatment Outcomes
- Neuropathic Symptoms Worsen Quality of Life, Function in Hip, Knee Osteoarthritis
- Consensus Guidelines for the Use of Intravenous Ketamine for Chronic Pain
- Pain Societies Issue Guidelines on Use of Ketamine for the Management of Acute Pain
- Labor Epidural Analgesia Linked to Reduced Likelihood of Successful Breastfeeding
- Novel Oral Treatment Safe, Effective for Migraine Headache Relief
- Switching From Buprenorphine-Naltrexone to XR-Naltrexone as Effective as XR-Naltrexone
- History of Migraine May Be Associated With Higher Risk for Cochlear Disorders
- Symptom Severity, Sensory Sensitivity May Indicate Pain Centralization in Chronic Overlapping Pain Conditions
- Human Diagnosis Project Aims to Address Challenges Among Uninsured
- Healthcare Technology Affects Younger Patient Satisfaction
- FDA Announces New Drug Shortages Task Force