ZTlido is comprised of a non-aqueous adhesive material containing 1.8% lidocaine.
Analgesics may be more effective in alleviating pain associated with postherpetic neuralgia compared with topical therapies, antivirals, antidepressants, and antiepileptics.
Systemic lidocaine administered via IV or patch has consistently shown effectiveness for the treatment and prevention of chronic pain.
Researchers observed a reduction in pain score in a patient using wireless peripheral nerve stimulation for chronic pain secondary to postherpetic neuralgia.
Gabapentin, at doses of 1800 mg to 3600 mg can provide "good levels of pain relief" to some individuals suffering from postherpetic neuralgia and peripheral diabetic neuropathy.
Results from the ASCEND study recently published in BioMed Central Neurology indicate that an 8% capsaicin patch is effective in relieving peripheral neuropathic pain resulting from a wide range of etiologies.
Researchers identified 3 subgroups of patients with peripheral neuropathic pain, based on sensory signs and symptoms.
The therapeutic efficacy of pregabalin in treating 2 types neuropathic pain (NeP) is not influenced by concomitant NeP medications.
Because the increased cytokine levels in the acute phase of herpes zoster are assumed to be a potential mechanism for inducing PHN, the early suppression of these cytokines by LLLT may help prevent the development of PHN.
Report demonstrates benefit in severe photophobia secondary to trigeminal postherpetic neuralgia
Odds of herpes zoster 70% higher among people with respiratory condition.
At willingness-to-pay threshold of 100,000 per QALY, 3 probability of vaccine being cost-effective.
Despite the availability of shingles immunization and treatment options, the incidence of postherpetic neuralgia is increasing.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Risks Associated With Co-Administration of Aspirin and Other NSAIDs
- Stages of Low Back Pain Have Specific Sets of Clinical Indicators
- FDA Approves Aimovig for Migraine Prevention
- First Non-Opioid Drug Approved for Managing Opioid Withdrawal Symptoms
- Pain Interference Associated With Depression, Pain Self-Efficacy in Chronic Musculoskeletal Pain
- Effect of Prescription Drug Monitoring Programs on Fatal, Nonfatal Drug Overdoses
- Standardized SCS Workflow May Effectively Alleviate Failed Back Surgery Syndrome-Related Pain
- Marijuana Legalization and Opioid Prescribing Rates
- Medical Marijuana Users More Likely to Use Prescription Drugs for Medical, Nonmedical Purposes
- Interbrain Coupling During Handholding Associated With Analgesia, Empathy
- Remission Rates and Predictors of Chronic Headache
- Overuse and Underuse of Imaging Common in Low Back Pain Management
- Unit-Dose Packaging of Buprenorphine-Naloxone Effective on Unintentional Pediatric Exposure
- Language Used in Medical Record Can Affect Patient Care
- Opioid-Related Adverse Drug Events Associated With Worse Patient, Cost Outcomes