Systemic Lidocaine May Be Effective for Postmastectomy Pain
Currently, there is no established prophylactic treatment for mastectomy-related pain.
- Pain was assessed with subjective tests
- The sample size was limited
- Only IMMPACT was used to assess pain
- Kendall MC, McCarthy RJ, Panaro S, et al. The effect of intraoperative systemic lidocaine on postoperative persistent pain using initiative on methods, measurement, and pain assessment in clinical trials criteria assessment following breast cancer surgery: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial [published online July 10, 2017]. Pain Pract. doi: 10.1111/papr.12611
- Dworkin RH, Turk DC, Farrar JT, et al. Core outcome measures for chronic pain clinical trials: IMMPACT recommendations. Pain. 2005;113:9-19.