PILOPINE HS Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Pilocarpine HCl 4%; oph gel; contains benzalkonium chloride.
Alcon Laboratories, Inc.
Indications for PILOPINE HS:
Apply ½ inch ribbon in lower conjunctival sac at bedtime.
Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Lacrimation, discomfort, headache, ciliary spasm, conjunctival vascular congestion, keratitis, myopia, corneal granularity, reduced nighttime visual acuity; retinal detachment, lens opacity (rare). Systemic cholinergic effects (excessive absorption).
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Virtual Reality May Effectively Reduce Sensory, Affective, and Cognitive Pain During Labor
- Suprazygomatic Sphenopalatine Ganglion Block May Quickly Relieve Status Migrainosus Pain
- Reducing Mortality After Overdose: Is Treatment for Opioid Use Disorder Effective?
- Low Literacy Self-Management Program for Chronic Pain May Be Effective
- A Physician's Guide to Incorporating Patient Spirituality in Practice
- Neuropathic Pain Medications
- Higher Buprenorphine Dose May Not Increase Severity of Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome
- Terms Used for Addiction May Be Associated With Explicit, Implicit Bias
- Ketamine Infusions May Be Effective for Refractory Headache
- Physical, Psychosocial Activity May Be Protective Against Development of Chronic Pain in Older Adults
- The Challenge of Compassion in Modern Healthcare Settings
- Republican Opposition to Obamacare: What's Done, What's to Come
- Lowering Default Pill Counts in EMRs May Effectively Reduce Postoperative Opioid Prescription Numbers
- Steps Taken to Increase Use of Electronic Tools in Medicine
- Daily and Retrospective Pain Measurements Comparable in Hip Osteoarthritis