Phenazopyridine HCl Tablets Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Phenazopyridine HCl 100mg, 200mg; tabs.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Phenazopyridine HCl Tablets:
Urinary tract discomfort.
200mg 3 times a day after meals; max 2 day therapy when used with antibacterials.
Yellow discoloration of skin or sclera may indicate poor renal excretion. Stains contact lenses. Liver disease. Anemia. Discolors urine and fabric (red-orange). Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
Urinary tract analgesic.
Interferes with colorimetric urine tests.
Headache, rash, GI upset, methemoglobinemia, hemolytic anemia, renal and hepatic toxicity.
Formerly known under the brand name Pyridium.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Virtual Reality May Effectively Reduce Sensory, Affective, and Cognitive Pain During Labor
- Suprazygomatic Sphenopalatine Ganglion Block May Quickly Relieve Status Migrainosus Pain
- Reducing Mortality After Overdose: Is Treatment for Opioid Use Disorder Effective?
- A Physician's Guide to Incorporating Patient Spirituality in Practice
- Low Literacy Self-Management Program for Chronic Pain May Be Effective
- Neuropathic Pain Medications
- Higher Buprenorphine Dose May Not Increase Severity of Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome
- Terms Used for Addiction May Be Associated With Explicit, Implicit Bias
- Ketamine Infusions May Be Effective for Refractory Headache
- Physical, Psychosocial Activity May Be Protective Against Development of Chronic Pain in Older Adults
- The Challenge of Compassion in Modern Healthcare Settings
- Republican Opposition to Obamacare: What's Done, What's to Come
- Lowering Default Pill Counts in EMRs May Effectively Reduce Postoperative Opioid Prescription Numbers
- Steps Taken to Increase Use of Electronic Tools in Medicine
- Daily and Retrospective Pain Measurements Comparable in Hip Osteoarthritis