PERIDEX ORAL RINSE Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Chlorhexidine gluconate 0.12%; contains alcohol 11.6%.
Indications for PERIDEX ORAL RINSE:
≥18yrs: Start after dental prophylaxis. Rinse with 15mL (undiluted) twice daily (AM & PM) for 30 seconds after brushing teeth; expectorate. Do not rinse with water or other mouthwashes, brush teeth, or eat immediately after use.
<18yrs: not recommended.
Do dental prophylaxis (calculus removal) before starting, then every 6 months. Coexisting gingivitis and periodontitis (effect on periodontitis not known, may cause increased supra- or subgingival calculus). May stain rough surfaces or margins of anterior facial restorations. Pregnancy (Category B). Nursing mothers.
Staining of teeth and other oral surfaces, increase in calculus formation, taste alteration, irritation or changes to oral mucosa (eg, stomatitis, dry mouth, ulceration).
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Abuse-Deterrent Opioid Formulations: Barriers to Broader Use
- Women Frequently Prescribed High Doses of Opioids After Vaginal Delivery
- Notifications by PDMPs May Not Effectively Reduce Opioid Misuse
- Virtual Reality May Effectively Reduce Sensory, Affective, and Cognitive Pain During Labor
- Electroacupuncture May Help Reduce Opioid Use in Chronic Musculoskeletal Pain
- Neuropathic Pain Medications
- Higher Buprenorphine Dose May Not Increase Severity of Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome
- Terms Used for Addiction May Be Associated With Explicit, Implicit Bias
- Ketamine Infusions May Be Effective for Refractory Headache
- Physical, Psychosocial Activity May Be Protective Against Development of Chronic Pain in Older Adults
- Opioid Use Disorder Prevalence at Delivery on the Rise in the US, According to CDC
- Suprazygomatic Sphenopalatine Ganglion Block May Quickly Relieve Status Migrainosus Pain
- Pharmacologically Induced Headache Accompanied by Dilated Cephalic Vessels
- IV Lidocaine May Be Safe, Efficacious for Pediatric Status Migraine
- Gray Matter Changes in Migraine Associated With Clinical Characteristics