Generic Name and Formulations:
Docusate sodium 50mg, standardized senna (as sennosides 8.6mg); tabs.
Purdue Products L.P.
Indications for PERI-COLACE:
2–4 tablets daily.
<2yrs: individualize. 2–5yrs: up to 1 tablet daily. 6–11yrs: 1–2 tablets daily.
Discontinue if rectal bleeding or no bowel movement occurs. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Stool softener + stimulant.
Docusate may increase systemic absorption of mineral oil.
Tabs—10, 30, 60
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Notifications by PDMPs May Not Effectively Reduce Opioid Misuse
- Virtual Reality May Effectively Reduce Sensory, Affective, and Cognitive Pain During Labor
- Suprazygomatic Sphenopalatine Ganglion Block May Quickly Relieve Status Migrainosus Pain
- Electroacupuncture May Help Reduce Opioid Use in Chronic Musculoskeletal Pain
- Low Literacy Self-Management Program for Chronic Pain May Be Effective
- Neuropathic Pain Medications
- Higher Buprenorphine Dose May Not Increase Severity of Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome
- Terms Used for Addiction May Be Associated With Explicit, Implicit Bias
- Ketamine Infusions May Be Effective for Refractory Headache
- Physical, Psychosocial Activity May Be Protective Against Development of Chronic Pain in Older Adults
- Predicting Pain Chronicization After Spine Surgery
- Chronic Low Back Pain Levels Vary Between Sex and Race
- FDA Approval of Medication With a Digital Monitoring System: Major Breakthrough or "Brave New World"?
- Errors in Clinical Notes Generated by Speech Recognition Are Not Uncommon
- Reducing Mortality After Overdose: Is Treatment for Opioid Use Disorder Effective?