PEPCID AC OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Famotidine 10mg tabs, gelcaps; 20mg tabs.
McNeil Consumer Healthcare
Indications for PEPCID AC:
Prevention and relief of heartburn, acid indigestion, sour stomach.
Take with water. 10–20mg once or twice daily as needed; max 40mg/day. Prevention: take 10–60 minutes before ingesting problematic food/drinks.
Renal dysfunction. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Do not use with other acid reducers (eg, H2 blockers, acid pump inhibitors). Calcium: reduces absorption of tetracyclines, possibly other drugs.
Tabs 10mg—6, 12, 18, 50, 60, 70, 90; Gelcaps 10mg—6, 30, 50, 60, 70, 90; Tabs 20mg—5, 25, 50, 75; EZ Chews—8, 25, 50; Complete—5, 15, 25, 50
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Opioid Use Disorders: Advances in Pharmacotherapy Provide Long-term Results
- Abuse-Deterrent Opioid Formulations: Barriers to Broader Use
- Women Frequently Prescribed High Doses of Opioids After Vaginal Delivery
- Notifications by PDMPs May Not Effectively Reduce Opioid Misuse
- Medical Cannabis Legalization Associated With Reduced Schedule III Opioid Prescriptions
- Neuropathic Pain Medications
- Higher Buprenorphine Dose May Not Increase Severity of Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome
- Terms Used for Addiction May Be Associated With Explicit, Implicit Bias
- Ketamine Infusions May Be Effective for Refractory Headache
- Physical, Psychosocial Activity May Be Protective Against Development of Chronic Pain in Older Adults
- A Physician's Guide to Incorporating Patient Spirituality in Practice
- FDA Taps Social Media to Identify and Assess Emerging Drug Abuse Threats
- Buffered Lidocaine May Be Superior to Nonbuffered Lidocaine for Inferior Alveolar Nerve Block
- Virtual Reality May Effectively Reduce Sensory, Affective, and Cognitive Pain During Labor
- Marijuana's Uncertain Status: Closing the Gap Between State and Federal Policies