Penicillin VK Tablets Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Penicillin V (as potassium) 250mg, 500mg; tabs.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Penicillin VK Tablets:
Take on an empty stomach. 125–500mg every 6–8 hours.
Take on an empty stomach. 15–56mg/kg per day in 3–6 divided doses.
Cephalosporin, imipenem, or other allergy: not recommended. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
Avoid concomitant erythromycin, sulfonamides. Potentiated by probenecid.
GI upset, urticaria, anaphylaxis.
Formerly known under the brand names Beepen-VK, Betapen-VK, Ledercillin VK, Pen-Vee K, Penapar-VK, Pfizerpen VK, V-Cillin K, Veetids, Uticillin VK.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Abuse-Deterrent Opioid Formulations: Barriers to Broader Use
- Notifications by PDMPs May Not Effectively Reduce Opioid Misuse
- Virtual Reality May Effectively Reduce Sensory, Affective, and Cognitive Pain During Labor
- Medical Cannabis Legalization Associated With Reduced Schedule III Opioid Prescriptions
- Electroacupuncture May Help Reduce Opioid Use in Chronic Musculoskeletal Pain
- Neuropathic Pain Medications
- Higher Buprenorphine Dose May Not Increase Severity of Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome
- Terms Used for Addiction May Be Associated With Explicit, Implicit Bias
- Ketamine Infusions May Be Effective for Refractory Headache
- Physical, Psychosocial Activity May Be Protective Against Development of Chronic Pain in Older Adults
- Opioid Use Disorder Prevalence at Delivery on the Rise in the US, According to CDC
- Suprazygomatic Sphenopalatine Ganglion Block May Quickly Relieve Status Migrainosus Pain
- Pharmacologically Induced Headache Accompanied by Dilated Cephalic Vessels
- IV Lidocaine May Be Safe, Efficacious for Pediatric Status Migraine
- Gray Matter Changes in Migraine Associated With Clinical Characteristics