PEDIA-LAX LIQUID STOOL SOFTENER OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Docusate sodium 50mg; per 15mL; fruit punch-flavored; contains sodium 13mg/15mL.
Fleet, C.B., Company
Indications for PEDIA-LAX LIQUID STOOL SOFTENER:
Prevention of dry, hard stools. Occasional constipation.
<2yrs: not recommended. Mix liq in 6–8oz of milk or juice. 2–11yrs: 50mg–150mg daily; may be given as a single dose or in divided doses. Max 150mg/day. Results usually within 12–72 hrs; reevaluate if ineffective.
Discontinue if rectal bleeding or no bowel movement occurs.
Concurrent mineral oil use: not recommended.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Serum Vitamin D Levels and Risk for Migraine
- Rimegepant Orally Dissolving Formulation Provides Rapid Relief From Acute Migraine
- Updated Evidence-Based Recommendations for Buprenorphine Treatment
- Business Degree Increasingly Useful for Doctors
- Two Screening Tools May Accurately Predict Transition From Acute to Chronic Low Back Pain