Generic Name and Formulations:
Olopatadine HCl 0.7%; oph soln; contains benzalkonium chloride.
Alcon Laboratories, Inc.
Indications for PAZEO:
Treatment of ocular itching associated with allergic conjunctivitis.
Adults and Children:
<2yrs: not established. ≥2yrs: 1 drop in each affected eye once daily.
Contact lenses (remove; may reinsert 5 minutes after administration, if eye is not red). Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Blurred vision, superficial punctate keratitis, dry eye, abnormal sensation in eye, dysgeusia.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- FDA Takes Steps to Reconcile Needs of Patients With Chronic Pain, Efforts to Curb Opioid Epidemic
- DFN-02 Nasal Spray Safe, Effective for Acute Treatment of Episodic Migraine
- Stat Consult: Chronic Low Back Pain
- Opioid Misuse May Help Predict Alcohol Dependence Treatment Outcomes
- Neuropathic Symptoms Worsen Quality of Life, Function in Hip, Knee Osteoarthritis
- Consensus Guidelines for the Use of Intravenous Ketamine for Chronic Pain
- Pain Societies Issue Guidelines on Use of Ketamine for the Management of Acute Pain
- Labor Epidural Analgesia Linked to Reduced Likelihood of Successful Breastfeeding
- Switching From Buprenorphine-Naltrexone to XR-Naltrexone as Effective as XR-Naltrexone
- Treatment for Opioid Use Disorder Associated With Reduced Risk for Opioid-Related Deaths
- History of Migraine May Be Associated With Higher Risk for Cochlear Disorders
- Symptom Severity, Sensory Sensitivity May Indicate Pain Centralization in Chronic Overlapping Pain Conditions
- Human Diagnosis Project Aims to Address Challenges Among Uninsured
- Healthcare Technology Affects Younger Patient Satisfaction
- FDA Announces New Drug Shortages Task Force