Chlorzoxazone Caplets Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Chlorzoxazone 500mg; scored caplets.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Chlorzoxazone Caplets:
Painful musculoskeletal conditions.
500mg 4 times daily; max 750mg 4 times daily.
Monitor for hepatotoxicity; discontinue if hepatic dysfunction, abnormal liver enzymes, or rash occurs. Allergy. Pregnancy.
Muscle relaxant (central).
Additive effects with concomitant alcohol, other CNS depressants.
GI upset, drowsiness, dizziness, liver damage; fatal hepatocellular toxicity (rare).
Formerly known under the brand name Parafon Forte DSC.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Abuse-Deterrent Opioid Formulations: Barriers to Broader Use
- Notifications by PDMPs May Not Effectively Reduce Opioid Misuse
- Virtual Reality May Effectively Reduce Sensory, Affective, and Cognitive Pain During Labor
- Medical Cannabis Legalization Associated With Reduced Schedule III Opioid Prescriptions
- Electroacupuncture May Help Reduce Opioid Use in Chronic Musculoskeletal Pain
- Neuropathic Pain Medications
- Higher Buprenorphine Dose May Not Increase Severity of Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome
- Terms Used for Addiction May Be Associated With Explicit, Implicit Bias
- Ketamine Infusions May Be Effective for Refractory Headache
- Physical, Psychosocial Activity May Be Protective Against Development of Chronic Pain in Older Adults
- Opioid Use Disorder Prevalence at Delivery on the Rise in the US, According to CDC
- Suprazygomatic Sphenopalatine Ganglion Block May Quickly Relieve Status Migrainosus Pain
- Pharmacologically Induced Headache Accompanied by Dilated Cephalic Vessels
- IV Lidocaine May Be Safe, Efficacious for Pediatric Status Migraine
- Gray Matter Changes in Migraine Associated With Clinical Characteristics