The 2015 ASRA guidelines categorize procedures depending on their risk: high risk, intermediate risk, and low risk.
The cervicogenic headache is a headache that arises from painful disorders of the neck. There is an irritation of the upper three cervical roots of their nerves and branches.
Low back pain is one of the most common pain syndromes. In fact, about 69% of adults in the United States will have low back pain at some point in their lifetime.
Clearing a patient for surgery is a clinician's attempt to mitigate any side effects from occurring as a result of a surgical procedure
Two major symptoms of the function of TMJ problems are pain and dysfunction.
Videotaping becomes a problem when the intent is punitive.
Even though movement causing exacerbation of pain can happen with both somatic and visceral abdominal pain, asking patients to do a sit-up or a twister can identify trigger points in the rectus muscles and the obliques
Even though there's a variety of migraine subtypes on the books, there are two major subtypes: migraine without aura (characterized with specific features and associated symptoms) and migraine with aura (transient neurological symptoms that proceed or accompany a headache).
Finishing a fellowship means it's now time to find the right job. Not every practice model is the the perfect fit for everybody, so it's rather important for physicians to understand which structure will work best for them.
Postherpetic neuralgia is defined as pain persisting for more than three months after zoster's onset.
A comprehensive rehabilitation program should promote strong improvement in function.
It is important to review the most recent data available before performing some of these options to make sure these techniques are not out of date.
There are many ways to assess pain in patients.
Welwyn Ardsley and the Cosmic Ninjas are on a quest to help you ease your pediatric patients' fears of surgery.
In one study of 3,000 twins, after adjusting for variables, twins who were overweight were more likely to report painful conditions.
Many of the pending codes are orthopedic in nature, which holds significance for clinicians dealing with patients with pain.
Although flouroscopy is still key, ultrasound has its place,
When dealing with a patient with a previous iodinated contrast agent reaction, pretreatment should be considered.
Most of these systems have online videos, which can be very educational.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Virtual Reality May Effectively Reduce Sensory, Affective, and Cognitive Pain During Labor
- Suprazygomatic Sphenopalatine Ganglion Block May Quickly Relieve Status Migrainosus Pain
- Reducing Mortality After Overdose: Is Treatment for Opioid Use Disorder Effective?
- A Physician's Guide to Incorporating Patient Spirituality in Practice
- Low Literacy Self-Management Program for Chronic Pain May Be Effective
- Neuropathic Pain Medications
- Higher Buprenorphine Dose May Not Increase Severity of Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome
- Terms Used for Addiction May Be Associated With Explicit, Implicit Bias
- Ketamine Infusions May Be Effective for Refractory Headache
- Physical, Psychosocial Activity May Be Protective Against Development of Chronic Pain in Older Adults
- The Challenge of Compassion in Modern Healthcare Settings
- Republican Opposition to Obamacare: What's Done, What's to Come
- Lowering Default Pill Counts in EMRs May Effectively Reduce Postoperative Opioid Prescription Numbers
- Steps Taken to Increase Use of Electronic Tools in Medicine
- Daily and Retrospective Pain Measurements Comparable in Hip Osteoarthritis