A national sample of about 2,000 adults aged 50 to 80 years were asked about marijuana use for medical purposes, including its perceived benefits.
Pain Specialist Dr Beth Darnall Presented at the World Economic Forum Annual Meeting: Here Are Her TakeawaysFebruary 09, 2018
Brief, low-cost and scalable psychobehavioral interventions can address gaps in pain education and provide people worldwide with the information and skills to alter the trajectory of their pain and suffering.
Evidence for the effectiveness of oxcarbazepine in painful diabetic neuropathy and other forms of neuropathic pain is limited.
Acupuncture may represent an effective adjuvant therapy in the management of joint pain associated with aromatase inhibitor treatment in postmenopausal women with breast cancer.
There is a suggested link between migraine and the presence of patent foramen ovale, with the suggestion that PFO closure surgery might be a preventative measure against future migraine attacks, but what are the consequences?
A treatment of intravenous hydromorphone was found to provide less pain relief for acute migraine than IV prochlorperazine in patients admitted to the emergency department.
Acupuncture is a safe and effective alternative to pain medications for some emergency department patients.
While the lidocaine patch is still pharmacologic, it offers a different method of pain relief for patients.
Deep Brain Stimulation for Neuropathic Pain
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Opioid Use in Chronic Low Back Pain: A Population Study
- Risks Associated With Co-Administration of Aspirin and Other NSAIDs
- FDA Approves Aimovig for Migraine Prevention
- Stages of Low Back Pain Have Specific Sets of Clinical Indicators
- First Non-Opioid Drug Approved for Managing Opioid Withdrawal Symptoms
- Effect of Prescription Drug Monitoring Programs on Fatal, Nonfatal Drug Overdoses
- Standardized SCS Workflow May Effectively Alleviate Failed Back Surgery Syndrome-Related Pain
- Marijuana Legalization and Opioid Prescribing Rates
- Medical Marijuana Users More Likely to Use Prescription Drugs for Medical, Nonmedical Purposes
- Interbrain Coupling During Handholding Associated With Analgesia, Empathy
- IV Tramadol Significantly Reduces Post-Op Pain in Phase 3 Study
- Telehealth-Delivered Behavioral Therapy, Supportive Care Beneficial for Low Back Pain
- Patient-Controlled Analgesia Pumps Have Low Device-Related Error Rates
- Adding Chiropractic to Usual Care Beneficial for Low Back Pain
- Illness Perceptions Mediate Back Pain, Quality of Life in Early Axial Spondyloarthritis