A national sample of about 2,000 adults aged 50 to 80 years were asked about marijuana use for medical purposes, including its perceived benefits.
Pain Specialist Dr Beth Darnall Presented at the World Economic Forum Annual Meeting: Here Are Her TakeawaysFebruary 09, 2018
Brief, low-cost and scalable psychobehavioral interventions can address gaps in pain education and provide people worldwide with the information and skills to alter the trajectory of their pain and suffering.
Evidence for the effectiveness of oxcarbazepine in painful diabetic neuropathy and other forms of neuropathic pain is limited.
Acupuncture may represent an effective adjuvant therapy in the management of joint pain associated with aromatase inhibitor treatment in postmenopausal women with breast cancer.
There is a suggested link between migraine and the presence of patent foramen ovale, with the suggestion that PFO closure surgery might be a preventative measure against future migraine attacks, but what are the consequences?
A treatment of intravenous hydromorphone was found to provide less pain relief for acute migraine than IV prochlorperazine in patients admitted to the emergency department.
Acupuncture is a safe and effective alternative to pain medications for some emergency department patients.
While the lidocaine patch is still pharmacologic, it offers a different method of pain relief for patients.
Deep Brain Stimulation for Neuropathic Pain
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Analyzing Coverage of Nonpharmacologic Treatments for Low Back Pain
- Predicting the Magnitude of Placebo Analgesia in Chronic Pain
- Operant Learning May Provide More Benefits Than Energy Conservation in Fibromyalgia
- Dsuvia Gains FDA Approval: We Want to Hear Your Thoughts
- Examining the Efficacy of Different Oxygen Flow Rates for Cluster Headache Attacks
- The Unintended Consequences of the CDC Opioid Guideline According to Pain Management Specialists
- Initial Consultation for Neck Pain May Reduce Opioid Consumption, Healthcare Utilization
- FDA-Approved Test Provides Pharmacogenetic Reports Directly to Consumers
- Set of Interventions May Effectively Reduce Opioid Overprescribing
- Cannabinoid-Associated Analgesia May Be Mediated Through Modulation of Affective Processes
- Half of the Responders to Our Poll Agree With the Approval of Dsuvia: We Want to Hear From You
- Daily Alcohol Use May Drive Chronic Pain in Adults With HIV
- Tools to Address the Opioid Crisis
- AHA/ACC Release Updated Guidelines for Cholesterol Management
- Women Fed Soy Formula as Infants More Likely to Experience Menstrual Pain