Patients with chronic musculoskeletal pain on long-term opioid therapy who report high levels of pain may be more likely to have moderate to high pain interference.
A number of factors including chronic pain co-occurring with posttraumatic stress disorder and pain interference may predict suicidal ideation and violent impulses in US veterans with chronic pain.
Neuropsychological performance may not be associated with the improvements in pain interference observed after an 8-week Acceptance and Commitment Therapy program in veterans with chronic pain.
Resilience may mediate the relationships between positive affect and pain interference and depression in patients with multiple sclerosis.
A web-based cognitive behavior therapy program may be associated with greater reductions in aberrant drug-related behavior, pain interference, and pain catastrophizing in patients with chronic pain treated with opioids who undergo treatment as usual compared with patients who undergo treatment as usual only.
Sleep Quality May Mediate the Association Between Pain and PTSD Symptom Severity in Youth With Chronic PainFebruary 15, 2018
Greater severity of post-traumatic stress disorder symptoms may be associated with higher levels of pain intensity and pain interference in pediatric patients with chronic pain, and this relationship may be partly mediated by sleep quality.
Patients with chronic pain and ≥1 posttraumatic stress disorder symptom, particularly numbness or detachment, have poor pain-related outcomes.
The Empower Veterans Program was created by the Atlanta Veterans Administration Medical Center to improve quality of life through active self-care in veterans with chronic pain.
Pain interference was found to mediate the relationship between pain and depression in children with chronic pain.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Stages of Low Back Pain Have Specific Sets of Clinical Indicators
- FDA Approves Aimovig for Migraine Prevention
- Pain Interference Associated With Depression, Pain Self-Efficacy in Chronic Musculoskeletal Pain
- Factors Associated With Neuropathic Pain in Ankylosing Spondylitis
- Detox vs Medication-Assisted Treatment for Opioid Use Disorder in Pregnancy: Expert Roundtable
- Effect of Prescription Drug Monitoring Programs on Fatal, Nonfatal Drug Overdoses
- Standardized SCS Workflow May Effectively Alleviate Failed Back Surgery Syndrome-Related Pain
- Marijuana Legalization and Opioid Prescribing Rates
- Medical Marijuana Users More Likely to Use Prescription Drugs for Medical, Nonmedical Purposes
- Interbrain Coupling During Handholding Associated With Analgesia, Empathy
- Recommendations Developed for Managing Postpartum Pain
- Cryoablation Efficacious for Cancer Pain, Review Finds
- Art Intervention Clinically Effective in Treating Cancer-Related Pain, Mood Symptoms
- Pain, Cognitive Dysfunction in SLE Mediated by Sleep Disturbance, Depression
- PTSD Symptoms and the Acute Pain Response in Low-Income Women