Generic Name and Formulations:
Malathion 0.5%; lotion; contains alcohol 78%.
Indications for OVIDE:
Adults and Children:
<6yrs: not established. ≥6yrs: apply to dry hair until hair and scalp are thoroughly wet. Let hair dry naturally (do not use blow dryer or other heat source). Shampoo and rinse after 8–12hrs; remove dead lice and eggs with nit comb. May repeat once after 7–9 days. Wash hands after application. Wash or dryclean bedding or clothing appropriately.
For use on scalp only. Remove if irritation occurs, may reapply if irritation subsides; discontinue if irritation recurs. Avoid eyes. Product is flammable; keep away from heat and flame (including smoking, hair dryers, electric curlers). Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
Stinging, irritation, chemical burns.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- FDA Takes Steps to Reconcile Needs of Patients With Chronic Pain, Efforts to Curb Opioid Epidemic
- DFN-02 Nasal Spray Safe, Effective for Acute Treatment of Episodic Migraine
- Stat Consult: Chronic Low Back Pain
- Opioid Misuse May Help Predict Alcohol Dependence Treatment Outcomes
- Neuropathic Symptoms Worsen Quality of Life, Function in Hip, Knee Osteoarthritis
- Consensus Guidelines for the Use of Intravenous Ketamine for Chronic Pain
- Pain Societies Issue Guidelines on Use of Ketamine for the Management of Acute Pain
- Labor Epidural Analgesia Linked to Reduced Likelihood of Successful Breastfeeding
- Novel Oral Treatment Safe, Effective for Migraine Headache Relief
- Switching From Buprenorphine-Naltrexone to XR-Naltrexone as Effective as XR-Naltrexone
- History of Migraine May Be Associated With Higher Risk for Cochlear Disorders
- Symptom Severity, Sensory Sensitivity May Indicate Pain Centralization in Chronic Overlapping Pain Conditions
- Human Diagnosis Project Aims to Address Challenges Among Uninsured
- Healthcare Technology Affects Younger Patient Satisfaction
- FDA Announces New Drug Shortages Task Force