Generic Name and Formulations:
Malathion 0.5%; lotion; contains alcohol 78%.
Indications for OVIDE:
Adults and Children:
<6yrs: not established. ≥6yrs: apply to dry hair until hair and scalp are thoroughly wet. Let hair dry naturally (do not use blow dryer or other heat source). Shampoo and rinse after 8–12hrs; remove dead lice and eggs with nit comb. May repeat once after 7–9 days. Wash hands after application. Wash or dryclean bedding or clothing appropriately.
For use on scalp only. Remove if irritation occurs, may reapply if irritation subsides; discontinue if irritation recurs. Avoid eyes. Product is flammable; keep away from heat and flame (including smoking, hair dryers, electric curlers). Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
Stinging, irritation, chemical burns.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Manual Therapy vs Opioids for Management of Shoulder, Spine Pain
- Kinesiophobia May Be Associated With Greater Cutaneous Allodynia in Migraine
- PainDETECT May Not Be Optimal to Detect Neuropathic Components of Orofacial Pain
- Topical Migraine Trigger Point Treatment as Effective as Injection
- Chronic Spinal Pain and Depression: Does One Represent a Risk Factor for the Other?
- Serum Vitamin D Levels and Risk for Migraine
- Rimegepant Orally Dissolving Formulation Provides Rapid Relief From Acute Migraine
- Updated Evidence-Based Recommendations for Buprenorphine Treatment
- Prescription Digital Therapeutic Approved for Opioid Use Disorder
- Persistence of Post-Traumatic CRPS Associated With Initial Pain Sensitization
- Comparable Incidence, Intensity of Tourniquet Pain With Infraclavicular, Axillary Brachial Plexus Blocks
- Many Patients Withhold Information From Clinicians
- Shifting Pattern Seen for Primary Care Office Visits
- Questionnaire Reliably Predicts Effect of Migraine on Work-Related Duties
- Clinicians Must Do Their Part to Address Inaccurate Online Health Information