Ofloxacin Otic Solution Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Ofloxacin Otic Solution:
Otitis externa in adults and children. Chronic suppurative otitis media in adults with perforated tympanic membrane. Acute otitis media in children with tympanostomy tubes.
Adults and Children:
<6mos: not established. Otitis externa: 6mos–13yrs: 5 drops in affected ear(s) once daily. ≥13yrs: 10 drops in affected ear(s) once daily. Both: treat for 7 days. Acute otitis media: 1–12yrs: 5 drops in affected ear(s) twice daily for 10 days. Chronic suppurative otitis media: ≥12yrs: 10 drops in affected ear(s) twice daily for 14 days.
Discontinue if hypersensitivity reaction occurs. Reevaluate if no improvement after 1 week. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Pruritus, taste perversion, local reactions, dizziness, earache, headache, vertigo, superinfection, paresthesia, rash.
Formerly known under the brand name Floxin Otic.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Abuse-Deterrent Opioid Formulations: Barriers to Broader Use
- Women Frequently Prescribed High Doses of Opioids After Vaginal Delivery
- Notifications by PDMPs May Not Effectively Reduce Opioid Misuse
- Virtual Reality May Effectively Reduce Sensory, Affective, and Cognitive Pain During Labor
- Medical Cannabis Legalization Associated With Reduced Schedule III Opioid Prescriptions
- Neuropathic Pain Medications
- Higher Buprenorphine Dose May Not Increase Severity of Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome
- Terms Used for Addiction May Be Associated With Explicit, Implicit Bias
- Ketamine Infusions May Be Effective for Refractory Headache
- Physical, Psychosocial Activity May Be Protective Against Development of Chronic Pain in Older Adults
- Opioid Use Disorder Prevalence at Delivery on the Rise in the US, According to CDC
- Suprazygomatic Sphenopalatine Ganglion Block May Quickly Relieve Status Migrainosus Pain
- Pharmacologically Induced Headache Accompanied by Dilated Cephalic Vessels
- IV Lidocaine May Be Safe, Efficacious for Pediatric Status Migraine
- Gray Matter Changes in Migraine Associated With Clinical Characteristics