Generic Name and Formulations:
L-glutamine 5g; per packet; pwd for oral solution.
Indications for NUTRESTORE:
Short bowel syndrome in conjunction with nutritional support and recombinant human growth hormone therapy.
Take with food at 2–3 hour intervals while awake. 30g/day in divided doses (5g taken 6 times daily) for up to 16 weeks; may delay dose up to 2 hours if transiently intolerant to oral intake.
Not for parenteral use. Renal or hepatic impairment (monitor). Labor and delivery. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Infection, GI events (eg, tenesmus, flatulence), fever, depression, headache, hypoesthesia, pruritus, nail disorder.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Notifications by PDMPs May Not Effectively Reduce Opioid Misuse
- Virtual Reality May Effectively Reduce Sensory, Affective, and Cognitive Pain During Labor
- Suprazygomatic Sphenopalatine Ganglion Block May Quickly Relieve Status Migrainosus Pain
- Electroacupuncture May Help Reduce Opioid Use in Chronic Musculoskeletal Pain
- Low Literacy Self-Management Program for Chronic Pain May Be Effective
- Neuropathic Pain Medications
- Higher Buprenorphine Dose May Not Increase Severity of Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome
- Terms Used for Addiction May Be Associated With Explicit, Implicit Bias
- Ketamine Infusions May Be Effective for Refractory Headache
- Physical, Psychosocial Activity May Be Protective Against Development of Chronic Pain in Older Adults
- The Challenge of Compassion in Modern Healthcare Settings
- Republican Opposition to Obamacare: What's Done, What's to Come
- Lowering Default Pill Counts in EMRs May Effectively Reduce Postoperative Opioid Prescription Numbers
- Steps Taken to Increase Use of Electronic Tools in Medicine
- Daily and Retrospective Pain Measurements Comparable in Hip Osteoarthritis