Generic Name and Formulations:
Permethrin 1%; crm rinse.
Prestige Brands, Inc.
Indications for NIX:
Treatment of head lice.
Adults and Children:
<2mos: not recommended. ≥2mos: apply to washed and towel-dried hair, saturating hair and scalp. Allow to remain on hair for 10mins, then rinse. Remove nits with provided comb. Repeat after ≥7 days if living lice still observed. Wash or dryclean bedding and clothing appropriately.
Avoid eyes, inside the nose, ear, mouth, or vagina. Ragweed allergy. May cause breathing difficulty or asthmatic attack. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
Skin irritation, dyspnea.
Rinse (w. comb)—2oz, 4oz (2 x 2oz)
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Virtual Reality May Effectively Reduce Sensory, Affective, and Cognitive Pain During Labor
- Suprazygomatic Sphenopalatine Ganglion Block May Quickly Relieve Status Migrainosus Pain
- Reducing Mortality After Overdose: Is Treatment for Opioid Use Disorder Effective?
- A Physician's Guide to Incorporating Patient Spirituality in Practice
- Low Literacy Self-Management Program for Chronic Pain May Be Effective
- Neuropathic Pain Medications
- Higher Buprenorphine Dose May Not Increase Severity of Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome
- Terms Used for Addiction May Be Associated With Explicit, Implicit Bias
- Ketamine Infusions May Be Effective for Refractory Headache
- Physical, Psychosocial Activity May Be Protective Against Development of Chronic Pain in Older Adults
- The Challenge of Compassion in Modern Healthcare Settings
- Republican Opposition to Obamacare: What's Done, What's to Come
- Lowering Default Pill Counts in EMRs May Effectively Reduce Postoperative Opioid Prescription Numbers
- Steps Taken to Increase Use of Electronic Tools in Medicine
- Daily and Retrospective Pain Measurements Comparable in Hip Osteoarthritis