New Drug Application
The FDA has accepted a New Drug Application for an investigational topical twice-a-day product for the treatment of inflammation and pain in patients who have undergone ocular surgery.
US WorldMeds announced that the Food and Drug Administration has accepted for Priority Review the New Drug Application for lofexidine to manage the symptoms associated with opioid withdrawal and to facilitate completion of opioid discontinuation treatment.
Eli Lily announced positive results from a Phase 3 trial of their first-in-class drug lasmiditan for the acute treatment of migraine.
The FDA has announced a new policy to expedite reviews of generic drug applications in cases where competition is limited.
The Food and Drug Administration has accepted for review the New Drug Application for Zilretta for the treatment of patients with osteoarthritis of the knee.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Virtual Reality May Effectively Reduce Sensory, Affective, and Cognitive Pain During Labor
- Suprazygomatic Sphenopalatine Ganglion Block May Quickly Relieve Status Migrainosus Pain
- Reducing Mortality After Overdose: Is Treatment for Opioid Use Disorder Effective?
- A Physician's Guide to Incorporating Patient Spirituality in Practice
- Low Literacy Self-Management Program for Chronic Pain May Be Effective
- Neuropathic Pain Medications
- Higher Buprenorphine Dose May Not Increase Severity of Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome
- Terms Used for Addiction May Be Associated With Explicit, Implicit Bias
- Ketamine Infusions May Be Effective for Refractory Headache
- Physical, Psychosocial Activity May Be Protective Against Development of Chronic Pain in Older Adults
- FDA Approves Minimally-Invasive, Non-Drug Therapy for Pain Management
- Chronic Migraine and Medication Overuse Headache Linked to Stress
- Set of Personality Traits May Predict Prescription Drug Use, Misuse in Young Adults
- The Opioid Crisis: District by District
- Opioid Administration, Prescribing in the ED on the Decline in Recent Years