NEOSPORIN PLUS OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Neomycin 3.5mg, bacitracin zinc 500Units, polymyxin B sulfate 10000Units, pramoxine HCl 10mg; per gram; oint.
Johnson & Johnson Consumer
Indications for NEOSPORIN PLUS:
Help prevent infection and temporary pain relief of minor cuts, scrapes, and burns.
Adults and Children:
<2yrs: not recommended. ≥2yrs: apply small amount to affected area 1–3 times daily.
Do not use on large areas, serious burns, blisters, deep/puncture wounds, or eyes. Reevaluate after 1 week.
Antibiotics + topical anesthetic.
Sensitization, ototoxicity, nephrotoxicity, superinfection (prolonged use).
Oint (both)—½ oz, 1oz; Crm—½ oz
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Virtual Reality May Effectively Reduce Sensory, Affective, and Cognitive Pain During Labor
- Suprazygomatic Sphenopalatine Ganglion Block May Quickly Relieve Status Migrainosus Pain
- Reducing Mortality After Overdose: Is Treatment for Opioid Use Disorder Effective?
- A Physician's Guide to Incorporating Patient Spirituality in Practice
- Low Literacy Self-Management Program for Chronic Pain May Be Effective
- Neuropathic Pain Medications
- Higher Buprenorphine Dose May Not Increase Severity of Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome
- Terms Used for Addiction May Be Associated With Explicit, Implicit Bias
- Ketamine Infusions May Be Effective for Refractory Headache
- Physical, Psychosocial Activity May Be Protective Against Development of Chronic Pain in Older Adults
- The Challenge of Compassion in Modern Healthcare Settings
- Republican Opposition to Obamacare: What's Done, What's to Come
- Lowering Default Pill Counts in EMRs May Effectively Reduce Postoperative Opioid Prescription Numbers
- Steps Taken to Increase Use of Electronic Tools in Medicine
- Daily and Retrospective Pain Measurements Comparable in Hip Osteoarthritis