Includes drugs indicated for different types of arthritis as well as the form and strength the medication is available in.
Dosing regimens of DMARDS and other immune modulators used in the treatment of arthritis.
Increased Number of Chronic Musculoskeletal Pain Sites Associated With Low Physical Activity in Older AdultsAugust 03, 2018
The number of chronic musculoskeletal pain sites may be associated with the level of low and moderate to vigorous physical activity in older adults.
Muscle spasm treatment chart with dosing regimens for muscle relaxants and other medications.
Women prescribed long- vs short-term opioids for chronic musculoskeletal pain may be at increased risk for menopause and abnormal menstruation.
NSAIDS (Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs) indicated for the treatment of arthritis chart.
Patients with chronic musculoskeletal pain on long-term opioid therapy who report high levels of pain may be more likely to have moderate to high pain interference.
Osteoporosis treatment and prevention doses including recommended calcium and vitamin D supplemental doses.
Researchers reviewed evidence relating to the benefits and harms of cranial electrical stimulation for adults with chronic painful conditions, depression, anxiety, and insomnia.
Identification of Myofascial Trigger Points in Upper Quarter Muscles May Reliably Diagnose Myofascial Pain SyndromeJanuary 26, 2018
The presence of active myofascial trigger points in 10 upper quarter muscles may represent a reliable criteria for the diagnosis of myofascial pain syndrome.
Gout treatment chart for acute attacks or chronic management/prevention.
The most common work-related musculoskeletal disorders in physicians were found to be degenerative cervical spine disease, rotator cuff pathology, degenerative lumbar spine disease, and carpal tunnel syndrome.
Acetaminophen-Diclofenac Combination Similar to Acetaminophen Monotherapy for Musculoskeletal Pain ReliefNovember 02, 2017
Acetaminophen plus diclofenac and diclofenac monotherapy are comparable to acetaminophen alone for pain relief in patients with acute blunt minor musculoskeletal extremity trauma.
Ketoprofen was found to be effective in relieving moderate to severe pain in patients with rheumatoid arthritis.
NKTR-181 was found to be safe and effective in patients with low back pain.
A relationship may be present between serum vitamin D levels and chronic tension-type headaches.
Viewing photographs can decrease pain intensity in patients with chronic pain.
Opioids prescribed for pain following a motor vehicle collision do not reduce the likelihood of developing persistent pain.
This low rate of use in rheumatology patients is in stark contrast to the high rates of severe arthritis frequently reported by medicinal marijuana users.
"Clinicians should not ignore migraine when treating MS/P in patients with MDD."
The use of any complementary health approach for any reasons was significantly higher for those with vs those without a musculoskeletal pain disorder (41.6 vs 24.1%).
MBDA scores combined with ACPA testing allowed researchers to predict RA relapse in more than 80% of patients.
Preliminary results suggest that this transdermal analgesic is efficacious in reducing opioid use and pain scores in patients experiencing chronic neuropathy and musculoskeletal pain.
Erelzi, a biosimilar for Enbrel, treats rheumatoid arthritis and other inflammatory diseases.
In states where marijuana is legalized for medicinal purposes, Medicare's prescription drug benefit program has lowered its spending due to reduced prescription drug use.
Despite lack of FDA approval, PRP therapy is gaining unproven acceptance as treatment for sports-related injuries.
Virus expected to become active in some parts of the southern United States in early summer.
Findings suggest one person carried the virus to the region in 2013.
Supplements didn't slow disease progression or ease pain, even in patients with low levels of vitamin D.
A team of researchers from Switzerland studied the efficacy of different formulations and doses of NSAIDs on osteoarthritis pain by conducting a network meta-analysis.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Supervised Injection Sites: Facts, Information, Pros, and Cons
- Chronic Pain May Be a Contributing Factor to Suicide
- Striking a Balance Between Opioid Surveillance and Patient Privacy
- Demographic Characteristics of Pregnant Women With Opioid Use Disorder
- Effects of Mindfulness Therapy, Pharmacologic Prophylaxis on Catecholamine Levels in Migraine
- Perioperative Pain Management in Patients With Opioid Use Disorder
- Cannabinoid-Associated Analgesia May Be Mediated Through Modulation of Affective Processes
- Seven-Item Pain Intensity Measure Reliable in Individuals With Dementia
- Reviewing the Efficacy of Invasive Procedures for Chronic Back, Knee Pain
- Antidepressant Effects of Ketamine Appear to Require Opioid System Activation
- Lower Weighting of Hand Cortical Representations in CRPS
- Predicting Success of Focal Nerve Surgery Based on Diagnostic Block Response
- Aetna-CVS Merger Approved
- FDA Announces Draft Guidance for Consumer OTC Access to Previously Prescription Drugs
- Maryland Legislature: Will Federal Courts Permit State Regulation of Drug Prices?