Generic Name and Formulations:
Amoxicillin (as trihydrate) 775mg; ext-rel tabs.
Indications for MOXATAG:
Treatment of tonsillitis and/or pharyngitis secondary to Streptococcus pyogenes.
Take with food. Swallow whole. 775mg once daily for 10 days.
Cephalosporin, imipenem, other allergy or mononucleosis: not recommended. Severe renal impairment (CrCl <30mL/min); hemodialysis: not recommended. If serious diarrhea occurs, discontinue therapy. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Labor & delivery. Nursing mothers.
Potentiated by probenecid. May cause false (+) glucose with Clinitest, Benedict's, or Fehling's soln. May reduce efficacy of oral contraceptives. May be antagonized by bacteriostatic antibiotics (eg, tetracyclines, sulfonamides, macrolides).
GI upset, headache; hypersensitivity reactions (eg, rash, Stevens Johnson syndrome, anaphylaxis, urticaria), superinfection, hyperactivity, blood dyscrasias, pseudomembranous colitis.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Virtual Reality May Effectively Reduce Sensory, Affective, and Cognitive Pain During Labor
- Suprazygomatic Sphenopalatine Ganglion Block May Quickly Relieve Status Migrainosus Pain
- Reducing Mortality After Overdose: Is Treatment for Opioid Use Disorder Effective?
- A Physician's Guide to Incorporating Patient Spirituality in Practice
- Low Literacy Self-Management Program for Chronic Pain May Be Effective
- Neuropathic Pain Medications
- Higher Buprenorphine Dose May Not Increase Severity of Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome
- Terms Used for Addiction May Be Associated With Explicit, Implicit Bias
- Ketamine Infusions May Be Effective for Refractory Headache
- Physical, Psychosocial Activity May Be Protective Against Development of Chronic Pain in Older Adults
- The Challenge of Compassion in Modern Healthcare Settings
- Republican Opposition to Obamacare: What's Done, What's to Come
- Lowering Default Pill Counts in EMRs May Effectively Reduce Postoperative Opioid Prescription Numbers
- Steps Taken to Increase Use of Electronic Tools in Medicine
- Daily and Retrospective Pain Measurements Comparable in Hip Osteoarthritis