Generic Name and Formulations:
Polyethylene glycol (PEG) 3350; pwd for solution.
Indications for MIRALAX:
≥17yrs: Dissolve 17g in 4–8oz liquid and drink once daily for up to 7 days. May need 1–3 days for results.
<17yrs: not recommended.
Bowel obstruction (known or suspected).
Renal impairment: not recommended. Nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain or IBS: exclude bowel obstruction. Avoid prolonged, frequent, or excessive use. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Loose, watery, frequent stools.
Powder—119g, 238g, 510g (w. measuring cap); Single-dose packets (17g)—10
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Serum Vitamin D Levels and Risk for Migraine
- Rimegepant Orally Dissolving Formulation Provides Rapid Relief From Acute Migraine
- Updated Evidence-Based Recommendations for Buprenorphine Treatment
- Business Degree Increasingly Useful for Doctors
- Two Screening Tools May Accurately Predict Transition From Acute to Chronic Low Back Pain
- Pediatric Opioid Prescriptions Have Declined Since 2012
- Intervention by Pharmacists May Effectively Reduce Use of Inappropriate Medications in the Elderly
- ACA Coverage Substantial, but Did Not Impact Labor Markets
- AMA to Collect Data on Suicide Among Doctors-in-Training
- Smartphone App Improves Management of Cancer-Related Pain, Anxiety