Migraine & Headache
Adult doses for migraine and headache treatments including barbiturates, ergot alkaloids, and NSAIDs.
Patients with cluster headaches present differently depending on whether they have ever been exposed to tobacco.
Guidelines for pharmacological prophylaxis of migraines chart
High levels of stress may be associated with poor acute treatment outcomes in patients with chronic migraine.
Results of a recent study found that the current costs of medical grade oxygen for use in the treatment of cluster headache are not "prohibitively expensive" for either healthcare insurance providers or for patients.
Lasmiditan may be effective in the acute treatment of headache pain and most bothersome related symptoms in patients experiencing migraine attacks.
Almost 10% of pediatric patients with migraine also experience various episodic syndromes. Physicians Amy Gelfand and Diana Lebron weigh in on what to look for to help you find the right diagnosis.
Telemedicine offers a convenient alternative for nonacute headache patients.
Intracranial atherosclerosis was lower in patients with migraine than in those without migraine.
Research on susceptibility to migraine with and without aura uncovered a genetic link.
These findings highlight an urgent need to produce more evidence on the risks and benefits of off-label antidepressant use.
While it requires further validation, copeptin may serve as a novel biomarker to help rule out serious secondary headache.
A significant decrease in migraine frequency was observed; however, it is not clear how large a role placebo effect plays in treatment response.
Patients with chronic migraine and comorbidities incur nearly 2 times the health care costs of patients with migraine alone.
Future research should investigate whether cogniphobia can be a modifiable factor in the treatment of patients with migraine.
Abstaining from caffeine was associated with excellent acute treatment efficacy.
In states where marijuana is legalized for medicinal purposes, Medicare's prescription drug benefit program has lowered its spending due to reduced prescription drug use.
Data suggest that photic-squint or photophobia could be potential biomarkers for migraine pain, amenable to treatment with CGRP-based therapeutics.
Huma U. Sheikh, MD, provides highlights of recent clinical research in migraines and headaches.
Clinicians should focus on minimizing barriers to care for patients with chronic migraine.
Although most primary headaches can be managed by PCPs, some headaches warrant referral to a specialist.
Researchers identify increased prevalence of migraine headache in patients with cardiac syndrome X.
American Academy of Neurology issues new guideline on use of the drug.
If psychosomatic symptoms present before injury, it took twice as long for most athletes to improve.
Treatment that provides rapid, consistent migraine relief may help mediate factors that promote inadequate treatment response.
Machine-learning platform uses entire shape of cerebral blood flow velocity waveforms.
Phase 2 results show anti-CGRP receptor monoclonal antibody effective for the prevention of episodic migraine.
Accurately recognizing concussions can become a reality if clinicians begin using an advanced form of ultrasound that maps blood flow in the brain, new research suggests.
Sinus surgery is more common among firefighters who responded during the first 2 days of the World Trade Center disaster than those who had less intense or shorter exposures.
There was also a significant difference in hospital costs between the discharged and admitted patients, with an average increase in $4291.50 for admitted patients.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Radiofrequency Denervation Efficacious in Treating Thoracic Zygapophyseal Joint Pain
- Prescribed Opioids Difficulties Scale Effective for Assessing Concerns of Patients With Chronic Pain
- Predictors of Opioid Overdose in High-Risk Users
- Optimal Strategies for Opioid Weaning After Ambulatory Surgery
- Emergency Physicians Offer Recommendations for Identifying and Managing Opioid Use Disorder
- Consensus Guidelines for the Use of Intravenous Ketamine for Chronic Pain
- Pain Societies Issue Guidelines on Use of Ketamine for the Management of Acute Pain
- Labor Epidural Analgesia Linked to Reduced Likelihood of Successful Breastfeeding
- Novel Oral Treatment Safe, Effective for Migraine Headache Relief
- DFN-02 Nasal Spray Safe, Effective for Acute Treatment of Episodic Migraine
- Men With Migraines May Have Increased Serum Estradiol, Androgen Deficiency
- Fremanezumab Effective in Reversion of Chronic Migraine to Episodic Migraine
- Endocannabinoids May Be Elevated in Women With Fibromyalgia
- Putting Patients in the Physician's Seat: Smartphone Technology Is Changing the Healthcare Landscape
- Cardiovascular, Psychiatric Comorbidity Patterns Evident in Migraine