MIDOL COMPLETE OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Acetaminophen 500mg, caffeine 60mg, pyrilamine maleate 15mg; caplets.
Bayer Corp, Consumer Care Div.
Indications for MIDOL COMPLETE:
2 caplets every 6hrs; max 6/day.
<12yrs: consult physician.
Concomitant other acetaminophen-containing products.
Acetaminophen: hepatic disease. Pyrilamine: asthma, emphysema, other lower respiratory disorders. Glaucoma. GI or urinary obstruction. Discontinue if skin or allergic reactions occur. Reevaluate if pain worsens or lasts >10 days or fever persists or worsens >3 days. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Analgesic + diuretic + sedating antihistamine.
Acetaminophen: increased risk of hepatotoxicity if overdosage or ≥3 alcoholic drinks/day. Pyrilamine: potentiates CNS depression with alcohol, other CNS depressants. Caution with warfarin, sedatives, or tranquilizers.
Acetaminophen: hepatotoxicity (overdosage). Pyrilamine: drowsiness, dizziness, paradoxical excitation (esp. in children). Caffeine: nervousness, irritability, sleeplessness, occasional palpitations.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- History of Migraine May Be Associated With Higher Risk for Cochlear Disorders
- Radiofrequency Denervation Efficacious in Treating Thoracic Zygapophyseal Joint Pain
- Symptom Severity, Sensory Sensitivity May Indicate Pain Centralization in Chronic Overlapping Pain Conditions
- Prescribed Opioids Difficulties Scale Effective for Assessing Concerns of Patients With Chronic Pain
- Predictors of Opioid Overdose in High-Risk Users
- Consensus Guidelines for the Use of Intravenous Ketamine for Chronic Pain
- Pain Societies Issue Guidelines on Use of Ketamine for the Management of Acute Pain
- Labor Epidural Analgesia Linked to Reduced Likelihood of Successful Breastfeeding
- Novel Oral Treatment Safe, Effective for Migraine Headache Relief
- DFN-02 Nasal Spray Safe, Effective for Acute Treatment of Episodic Migraine
- Methadone Improves Short-Term Outcomes Better Than Morphine in Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome
- Addressing Rare Headache Disorders: Acute Confusional Migraine
- Hospital-Owned Practices Associated With Positive Workplace Perceptions Among Staff
- Optimal Strategies for Opioid Weaning After Ambulatory Surgery
- Chinese Traditional Medicine Showed Effectiveness on Pain, Quality of Life in Advanced Cancer