The results of 2 randomized controlled trials showed that filgotinib improved quality of life when given in combination with methotrexate or as monotherapy in rheumatoid arthritis.
Increased baseline gene expression in peripheral blood may be associated with improved clinical response to methotrexate in rheumatoid arthritis.
Regeneron and Sanofi announced that the FDA has approved Kevzara (sarilumab) injection to treat adults with moderate to severe rheumatoid arthritis.
Muscle MRI may complement a physician's objective assessment in juvenile dermatomyositis, although negative MRI findings should not preclude treatment continuation.
A multidisciplinary group of international experts has released recommendations for the use of biologics in patients with systemic lupus erythematosus.
Patients with RA who were treated in the first 6 months had a lower risk of death.
The FDA has approved Renflexis, the second approved biosimilar to Remicade.
No statistically significant association was found between MTX or anti-TNF use and breast cancer recurrence.
While the MUSICA trial did not establish noninferiority for a lower dosage of MTX when combined with adalimumab, it may be an appropriate option for patients who require a reduction due to MTX toxicity.
Much of the disability associated with RA relates to the pain secondary to inflammatory joint inflammation.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Notifications by PDMPs May Not Effectively Reduce Opioid Misuse
- Virtual Reality May Effectively Reduce Sensory, Affective, and Cognitive Pain During Labor
- Suprazygomatic Sphenopalatine Ganglion Block May Quickly Relieve Status Migrainosus Pain
- Electroacupuncture May Help Reduce Opioid Use in Chronic Musculoskeletal Pain
- Reducing Mortality After Overdose: Is Treatment for Opioid Use Disorder Effective?
- Neuropathic Pain Medications
- Higher Buprenorphine Dose May Not Increase Severity of Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome
- Terms Used for Addiction May Be Associated With Explicit, Implicit Bias
- Ketamine Infusions May Be Effective for Refractory Headache
- Physical, Psychosocial Activity May Be Protective Against Development of Chronic Pain in Older Adults
- The Challenge of Compassion in Modern Healthcare Settings
- Republican Opposition to Obamacare: What's Done, What's to Come
- Lowering Default Pill Counts in EMRs May Effectively Reduce Postoperative Opioid Prescription Numbers
- Steps Taken to Increase Use of Electronic Tools in Medicine
- Daily and Retrospective Pain Measurements Comparable in Hip Osteoarthritis