The results of 2 randomized controlled trials showed that filgotinib improved quality of life when given in combination with methotrexate or as monotherapy in rheumatoid arthritis.
Increased baseline gene expression in peripheral blood may be associated with improved clinical response to methotrexate in rheumatoid arthritis.
Regeneron and Sanofi announced that the FDA has approved Kevzara (sarilumab) injection to treat adults with moderate to severe rheumatoid arthritis.
Muscle MRI may complement a physician's objective assessment in juvenile dermatomyositis, although negative MRI findings should not preclude treatment continuation.
A multidisciplinary group of international experts has released recommendations for the use of biologics in patients with systemic lupus erythematosus.
Patients with RA who were treated in the first 6 months had a lower risk of death.
The FDA has approved Renflexis, the second approved biosimilar to Remicade.
No statistically significant association was found between MTX or anti-TNF use and breast cancer recurrence.
While the MUSICA trial did not establish noninferiority for a lower dosage of MTX when combined with adalimumab, it may be an appropriate option for patients who require a reduction due to MTX toxicity.
Much of the disability associated with RA relates to the pain secondary to inflammatory joint inflammation.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Risks Associated With Co-Administration of Aspirin and Other NSAIDs
- Stages of Low Back Pain Have Specific Sets of Clinical Indicators
- FDA Approves Aimovig for Migraine Prevention
- First Non-Opioid Drug Approved for Managing Opioid Withdrawal Symptoms
- Pain Interference Associated With Depression, Pain Self-Efficacy in Chronic Musculoskeletal Pain
- Effect of Prescription Drug Monitoring Programs on Fatal, Nonfatal Drug Overdoses
- Standardized SCS Workflow May Effectively Alleviate Failed Back Surgery Syndrome-Related Pain
- Marijuana Legalization and Opioid Prescribing Rates
- Medical Marijuana Users More Likely to Use Prescription Drugs for Medical, Nonmedical Purposes
- Interbrain Coupling During Handholding Associated With Analgesia, Empathy
- Remission Rates and Predictors of Chronic Headache
- Overuse and Underuse of Imaging Common in Low Back Pain Management
- Unit-Dose Packaging of Buprenorphine-Naloxone Effective on Unintentional Pediatric Exposure
- Language Used in Medical Record Can Affect Patient Care
- Opioid-Related Adverse Drug Events Associated With Worse Patient, Cost Outcomes