Generic Name and Formulations:
Vestronidase alfa-vjbk 2mg/mL; soln for IV infusion after dilution; preservative-free.
Ultragenyx Pharmaceutical Inc.
Indications for MEPSEVII:
Treatment of Mucopolysaccharidosis VII (MPS VII, Sly syndrome).
Limitations Of use:
Effect on the CNS manifestations of MPS VII has not been determined.
Adults and Children:
Premedicate with a non-sedating antihistamine with or without an antipyretic 30–60mins prior to infusion. Give as IV infusion over 4hrs (infuse first 2.5% of total volume over 1hr, then increase rate as tolerated over next 3hrs); see full labeling. 4mg/kg every 2 weeks.
Have appropriate medical support readily available. Should be administered under supervision of healthcare professional. Monitor during and for ≥60mins post-infusion for anaphylaxis; discontinue immediately if a severe systemic reaction occurs. Elderly. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Recombinant human lysosomal beta glucuronidase.
Infusion site extravasation, diarrhea, rash, anaphylaxis, infusion site swelling, peripheral swelling, pruritus.
Single-dose vial (5mL)—1
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- History of Migraine May Be Associated With Higher Risk for Cochlear Disorders
- Radiofrequency Denervation Efficacious in Treating Thoracic Zygapophyseal Joint Pain
- Symptom Severity, Sensory Sensitivity May Indicate Pain Centralization in Chronic Overlapping Pain Conditions
- Stat Consult: Chronic Low Back Pain
- Opioid Misuse May Help Predict Alcohol Dependence Treatment Outcomes
- Consensus Guidelines for the Use of Intravenous Ketamine for Chronic Pain
- Pain Societies Issue Guidelines on Use of Ketamine for the Management of Acute Pain
- Labor Epidural Analgesia Linked to Reduced Likelihood of Successful Breastfeeding
- Novel Oral Treatment Safe, Effective for Migraine Headache Relief
- DFN-02 Nasal Spray Safe, Effective for Acute Treatment of Episodic Migraine
- OnabotulinumtoxinA May Be Effective for Chronic Migraine With Medication Overuse
- FDA Outlines Plan for Increasing Nonprescription Drug Availability
- Prescribed Opioids Difficulties Scale Effective for Assessing Concerns of Patients With Chronic Pain
- Hypoesthesia for Touch and Joint Position Linked to Chronic Pain in MS
- New Laws Are Needed to Protect Health Data Shared Online