Generic Name and Formulations:
Phytonadione (Vit. K1) 5mg; scored tabs.
Valeant Pharmaceuticals, Inc
Indications for MEPHYTON:
Initially 2.5–25mg as a single dose depending on severity and response; max 50mg.
Does not counteract effects of heparin. Thromboembolism. Hepatic disease. Absorption requires endogenous bile supply. Neonates. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Reduced absorption with mineral oil, cholestyramine. Antagonizes coumarin or indanedione derivative anticoagulants.
Gastric disturbances, rash.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Abuse-Deterrent Opioid Formulations: Barriers to Broader Use
- Notifications by PDMPs May Not Effectively Reduce Opioid Misuse
- Virtual Reality May Effectively Reduce Sensory, Affective, and Cognitive Pain During Labor
- Medical Cannabis Legalization Associated With Reduced Schedule III Opioid Prescriptions
- Electroacupuncture May Help Reduce Opioid Use in Chronic Musculoskeletal Pain
- Neuropathic Pain Medications
- Higher Buprenorphine Dose May Not Increase Severity of Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome
- Terms Used for Addiction May Be Associated With Explicit, Implicit Bias
- Ketamine Infusions May Be Effective for Refractory Headache
- Physical, Psychosocial Activity May Be Protective Against Development of Chronic Pain in Older Adults
- Predicting Pain Chronicization After Spine Surgery
- Chronic Low Back Pain Levels Vary Between Sex and Race
- FDA Approval of Medication With a Digital Monitoring System: Major Breakthrough or "Brave New World"?
- Errors in Clinical Notes Generated by Speech Recognition Are Not Uncommon
- Reducing Mortality After Overdose: Is Treatment for Opioid Use Disorder Effective?