Interventions targeted at improving medication adherence might mitigate the adverse effects of cannabis use on psychosis outcomes.
Staying in the ICU after surviving a life-threatening illness may put some patients at high risk for psychiatric symptoms.
Prevention strategy tailored to individual risk, implemented in primary care office.
But such conditions don't seem to hinder post-op weight loss.
Associations were mainly significant for 16 mental disorders, including anxiety and substance abuse.
Improved psychological functioning, moderation of negative effect of stress for middle school students.
Almost 30% of medical residents reported having depression or depressive symptoms.
Depressed people were 1.21 times more likely to be rehospitalized within 30 days for the same ailment, and 1.19 times more likely to return for a different one.
About 30% receive diabetes-specific screening; no form of glucose screening for 31.1%.
Mental disorders have been found to be predictors for the onset of chronic pain in adolescents.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Association Between Headache Attributed to Temporomandibular Disorders and Comorbid Bodily Pain
- Involvement and Diagnosis of Myofascial Trigger Points in Migraine, Tension-Type Headache
- Mobile Health-Supported Trials to Assess Chronic Musculoskeletal Pain Treatments
- Altered Brain Connectivity Patterns Associated With THC-Induced Analgesia
- Potentially Inappropriate Opioid Prescribing Tied to Overdose
- Perioperative Pain Management in Patients With Opioid Use Disorder
- Antidepressant Effects of Ketamine Appear to Require Opioid System Activation
- Reviewing the Efficacy of Intrathecal Morphine, Ziconotide for Cancer- and Noncancer Chronic Pain
- Popular Heroin Inhalation Method Tied to Leukoencephalopathy
- Managing Comorbid Opioid and Alcohol Use Disorder
- Supervised Injection Sites: Facts, Information, Pros, and Cons
- Adverse Childhood Experienced Linked to Urologic Chronic Pelvic Pain Syndrome Symptoms
- FDA Committee Votes on First-of-Its-Kind Pain Drug Oliceridine
- Chronic Pain May Be a Contributing Factor to Suicide
- The Open Access Debate: Should Patients Freely Access Research?