Interventions targeted at improving medication adherence might mitigate the adverse effects of cannabis use on psychosis outcomes.
Staying in the ICU after surviving a life-threatening illness may put some patients at high risk for psychiatric symptoms.
Prevention strategy tailored to individual risk, implemented in primary care office.
But such conditions don't seem to hinder post-op weight loss.
Associations were mainly significant for 16 mental disorders, including anxiety and substance abuse.
Improved psychological functioning, moderation of negative effect of stress for middle school students.
Almost 30% of medical residents reported having depression or depressive symptoms.
Depressed people were 1.21 times more likely to be rehospitalized within 30 days for the same ailment, and 1.19 times more likely to return for a different one.
About 30% receive diabetes-specific screening; no form of glucose screening for 31.1%.
Mental disorders have been found to be predictors for the onset of chronic pain in adolescents.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- History of Migraine May Be Associated With Higher Risk for Cochlear Disorders
- Radiofrequency Denervation Efficacious in Treating Thoracic Zygapophyseal Joint Pain
- Symptom Severity, Sensory Sensitivity May Indicate Pain Centralization in Chronic Overlapping Pain Conditions
- Stat Consult: Chronic Low Back Pain
- Opioid Misuse May Help Predict Alcohol Dependence Treatment Outcomes
- Consensus Guidelines for the Use of Intravenous Ketamine for Chronic Pain
- Pain Societies Issue Guidelines on Use of Ketamine for the Management of Acute Pain
- Labor Epidural Analgesia Linked to Reduced Likelihood of Successful Breastfeeding
- Novel Oral Treatment Safe, Effective for Migraine Headache Relief
- DFN-02 Nasal Spray Safe, Effective for Acute Treatment of Episodic Migraine
- Methadone Improves Short-Term Outcomes Better Than Morphine in Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome
- Addressing Rare Headache Disorders: Acute Confusional Migraine
- Hospital-Owned Practices Associated With Positive Workplace Perceptions Among Staff
- Optimal Strategies for Opioid Weaning After Ambulatory Surgery
- Chinese Traditional Medicine Showed Effectiveness on Pain, Quality of Life in Advanced Cancer