Generic Name and Formulations:
Neisseria meningitidis polysaccharides 50mcg; each of Group A, C, Y, and W-135 per 0.5mL; pwd for SC inj after reconstitution.
Sanofi Pasteur, Inc.
- Evzio Authorized Generic Soon to Be Available
- Pseudotumor Cerebri Syndrome Headache Is Often Episodic With Neck, Shoulder Pain
- Anomalous Times and Billing Practices of Anesthesia Practitioners Examined
- Narcotic Analgesic Formulations
- Migraine and Headache Treatments
- Medication-Alcohol Pharmacologic Interactions
Indications for MENOMUNE-A/C/Y/W-135:
Adults and Children:
<2yrs: not recommended (except as short-term protection in infants ≥3months of age against Group A). ≥2yrs: 0.5 mL SC once. If still at high risk, may revaccinate children first vaccinated at <4yrs of age after 2–3yrs, and older children and adults after 3–5yrs.
Immunodeficiency. Have epinephrine inj (1:1000) available. Latex allergy. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Do not give with whole-cell pertussis or whole-cell typhoid vaccines. Immunosuppressants: may get suboptimal response.
Tenderness, erythema, or pain at inj site; headache, malaise, chills, fever.
Single-dose vials—1, 5 (preservative-free diluent); Multidose vial—1 (thimerosal-preserved diluent)
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Serum Vitamin D Levels and Risk for Migraine
- Rimegepant Orally Dissolving Formulation Provides Rapid Relief From Acute Migraine
- Updated Evidence-Based Recommendations for Buprenorphine Treatment
- Business Degree Increasingly Useful for Doctors
- Two Screening Tools May Accurately Predict Transition From Acute to Chronic Low Back Pain