As the #MeToo movement has gained strength, reports of sexual harassment at medical schools have mostly remained stagnant.
In medicine, there is often a disconnect between what is taught in the classroom and what students observe in clinical practice.
Although international medical graduates provide invaluable services to the United States, these clinicians are also often a critical resource for their home countries.
The American College of Physicians presents recommendations for optimizing clinical learning environments by fostering a positive hidden curriculum in medicine.
Depressive symptoms increase during medical internships for both men and women, but the increase is greater among women.
An intense culture of performance and achievement, coupled with ever-growing expectations is causing distress — if not mental illness — in medical students.
"The main changes needed in medical education are primarily structural with pass/fail grading and reduction in class time and amount of information being taught."
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Supervised Injection Sites: Facts, Information, Pros, and Cons
- Chronic Pain May Be a Contributing Factor to Suicide
- Striking a Balance Between Opioid Surveillance and Patient Privacy
- Demographic Characteristics of Pregnant Women With Opioid Use Disorder
- Effects of Mindfulness Therapy, Pharmacologic Prophylaxis on Catecholamine Levels in Migraine
- Perioperative Pain Management in Patients With Opioid Use Disorder
- Cannabinoid-Associated Analgesia May Be Mediated Through Modulation of Affective Processes
- Seven-Item Pain Intensity Measure Reliable in Individuals With Dementia
- Reviewing the Efficacy of Invasive Procedures for Chronic Back, Knee Pain
- Antidepressant Effects of Ketamine Appear to Require Opioid System Activation
- Lower Weighting of Hand Cortical Representations in CRPS
- Predicting Success of Focal Nerve Surgery Based on Diagnostic Block Response
- Aetna-CVS Merger Approved
- FDA Announces Draft Guidance for Consumer OTC Access to Previously Prescription Drugs
- Maryland Legislature: Will Federal Courts Permit State Regulation of Drug Prices?