MAXIMUM STRENGTH MUCINEX DM OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Dextromethorphan HBr 60mg + guaifenesin 1200mg; ext-rel tabs.
Indications for MAXIMUM STRENGTH MUCINEX DM:
Chest congestion. Cough.
Swallow whole. Take with full glass of water. 1 tab every 12 hours. Max: 2 tabs/day.
During or within 14 days of MAOIs.
Asthma. Lower respiratory disorders. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers. Mini-Melts: Renal disease. Magnesium-restricted diet.
Antitussive + expectorant.
Hypertensive crisis with MAOIs (see Contraindications).
GI upset, drowsiness, headache, rash.
DM—20, 40; Max Strength—14, 28; Pkts—12; Soln—4oz
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- History of Migraine May Be Associated With Higher Risk for Cochlear Disorders
- Radiofrequency Denervation Efficacious in Treating Thoracic Zygapophyseal Joint Pain
- Symptom Severity, Sensory Sensitivity May Indicate Pain Centralization in Chronic Overlapping Pain Conditions
- Prescribed Opioids Difficulties Scale Effective for Assessing Concerns of Patients With Chronic Pain
- Predictors of Opioid Overdose in High-Risk Users
- Consensus Guidelines for the Use of Intravenous Ketamine for Chronic Pain
- Pain Societies Issue Guidelines on Use of Ketamine for the Management of Acute Pain
- Labor Epidural Analgesia Linked to Reduced Likelihood of Successful Breastfeeding
- Novel Oral Treatment Safe, Effective for Migraine Headache Relief
- DFN-02 Nasal Spray Safe, Effective for Acute Treatment of Episodic Migraine
- Methadone Improves Short-Term Outcomes Better Than Morphine in Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome
- Addressing Rare Headache Disorders: Acute Confusional Migraine
- Hospital-Owned Practices Associated With Positive Workplace Perceptions Among Staff
- Optimal Strategies for Opioid Weaning After Ambulatory Surgery
- Chinese Traditional Medicine Showed Effectiveness on Pain, Quality of Life in Advanced Cancer