Generic Name and Formulations:
Betamethasone (as dipropionate) 0.05%, clotrimazole 1%; crm; lotion.
Merck & Co., Inc.
Indications for LOTRISONE:
Tinea pedis, t. cruris, t. corporis.
T. cruris, t. corporis: apply thin film twice daily for 1 week; max 2 weeks. T. pedis: apply sufficient amount twice daily for 2 weeks; max 4 weeks. Max 45g (crm), 45mL (lotion) per week. Do not occlude.
<17yrs: not recommended.
Avoid eyes. Do not use for diaper dermatitis. Risk of HPA axis suppression with high-potency steroids, prolonged use, application to large surface area, use of occlusive dressings, altered skin barrier, liver failure, young age; discontinue gradually, or reduce dose or potency if occurs. Increased risk of posterior subcapsular cataracts and glaucoma; monitor for visual symptoms. Thinning skin. Reevaluate periodically. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Steroid + azole antifungal.
Rash, edema, secondary infections; HPA axis suppression (esp. in children), skin atrophy.
Crm—15g, 45g; Lotion—30mL
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Virtual Reality May Effectively Reduce Sensory, Affective, and Cognitive Pain During Labor
- Suprazygomatic Sphenopalatine Ganglion Block May Quickly Relieve Status Migrainosus Pain
- Reducing Mortality After Overdose: Is Treatment for Opioid Use Disorder Effective?
- A Physician's Guide to Incorporating Patient Spirituality in Practice
- Low Literacy Self-Management Program for Chronic Pain May Be Effective
- Neuropathic Pain Medications
- Higher Buprenorphine Dose May Not Increase Severity of Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome
- Terms Used for Addiction May Be Associated With Explicit, Implicit Bias
- Ketamine Infusions May Be Effective for Refractory Headache
- Physical, Psychosocial Activity May Be Protective Against Development of Chronic Pain in Older Adults
- The Challenge of Compassion in Modern Healthcare Settings
- Republican Opposition to Obamacare: What's Done, What's to Come
- Lowering Default Pill Counts in EMRs May Effectively Reduce Postoperative Opioid Prescription Numbers
- Steps Taken to Increase Use of Electronic Tools in Medicine
- Daily and Retrospective Pain Measurements Comparable in Hip Osteoarthritis