Lorazepam Intensol CIV
Generic Name and Formulations:
Lorazepam 2mg; per mL; concentrated soln.
West-Ward Pharmaceutical Corp.
Indications for Lorazepam Intensol:
Mix with liquid or semi-solid food. Consume mixture immediately. Give in 2 or 3 divided doses, with largest dose taken at bedtime. Anxiety: initially 2–3mg daily; range: 1–10mg daily. Elderly or debilitated: initially 1–2mg daily; adjust gradually if needed. Transient stress or insomnia: 2–4mg single daily dose at bedtime.
Acute narrow-angle glaucoma.
Drug or alcohol abuse. Suicidal tendencies. Renal or hepatic dysfunction. Therapy for >4months. Monitor blood counts and liver function with long-term use. Avoid abrupt cessation. Elderly. Debilitated. Psychosis, depression, pregnancy, nursing mothers: not recommended.
Potentiation of CNS depression with alcohol, other CNS depressants.
CNS depression (esp. sedation), dizziness, weakness, unsteadiness, transient memory impairment, disorientation, nausea, headache, sleep disturbances, agitation, abuse potential, upper GI disease (monitor).
Soln—30mL (w. dropper)
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Virtual Reality May Effectively Reduce Sensory, Affective, and Cognitive Pain During Labor
- Suprazygomatic Sphenopalatine Ganglion Block May Quickly Relieve Status Migrainosus Pain
- Reducing Mortality After Overdose: Is Treatment for Opioid Use Disorder Effective?
- A Physician's Guide to Incorporating Patient Spirituality in Practice
- Low Literacy Self-Management Program for Chronic Pain May Be Effective
- Neuropathic Pain Medications
- Higher Buprenorphine Dose May Not Increase Severity of Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome
- Terms Used for Addiction May Be Associated With Explicit, Implicit Bias
- Ketamine Infusions May Be Effective for Refractory Headache
- Physical, Psychosocial Activity May Be Protective Against Development of Chronic Pain in Older Adults
- The Challenge of Compassion in Modern Healthcare Settings
- Republican Opposition to Obamacare: What's Done, What's to Come
- Lowering Default Pill Counts in EMRs May Effectively Reduce Postoperative Opioid Prescription Numbers
- Steps Taken to Increase Use of Electronic Tools in Medicine
- Daily and Retrospective Pain Measurements Comparable in Hip Osteoarthritis