LOPRESSOR HCT Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Metoprolol tartrate, hydrochlorothiazide 50mg/25mg, 100mg/25mg; scored tabs.
Indications for LOPRESSOR HCT:
Titrate individual components.
Sinus bradycardia. 2nd- or 3rd-degree AV block. Overt heart failure. Cardiogenic shock. Sick-sinus syndrome. Severe peripheral circulatory disorders. Anuria. Sulfonamide allergy.
Avoid abrupt discontinuation in ischemic heart disease.
CHF. Ischemic heart disease. Bronchospastic disease, COPD. Renal or hepatic dysfunction. Gout. Diabetes. Postsympathectomy. Hyperthyroidism. Surgery. SLE. Avoid abrupt cessation. Monitor electrolytes. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Cardioselective beta-blocker + diuretic.
Potentiated by alcohol, CNS depressants, other antihypertensives. Bradycardia with catecholamine-depleting drugs. Metoprolol potentiated by felodipine. Increased toxicity of calcium channel blockers, lidocaine, diazoxide, digitalis, lithium. Antagonized by NSAIDs, barbiturates, rifampin. Amphotericin B, ACTH, corticosteroids increase hypokalemia risk. Adjust antidiabetic medication. May antagonize epinephrine. May interfere with parathyroid, glaucoma screening tests.
Fatigue, bronchospasm, dizziness, drowsiness, headache, fluid or electrolyte imbalance, bradycardia, depression, dyspnea, GI upset, blurred vision, tinnitus, earache, impotence, myalgia, cold extremities, CHF, heart block.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Virtual Reality May Effectively Reduce Sensory, Affective, and Cognitive Pain During Labor
- Suprazygomatic Sphenopalatine Ganglion Block May Quickly Relieve Status Migrainosus Pain
- Reducing Mortality After Overdose: Is Treatment for Opioid Use Disorder Effective?
- A Physician's Guide to Incorporating Patient Spirituality in Practice
- Low Literacy Self-Management Program for Chronic Pain May Be Effective
- Neuropathic Pain Medications
- Higher Buprenorphine Dose May Not Increase Severity of Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome
- Terms Used for Addiction May Be Associated With Explicit, Implicit Bias
- Ketamine Infusions May Be Effective for Refractory Headache
- Physical, Psychosocial Activity May Be Protective Against Development of Chronic Pain in Older Adults
- The Challenge of Compassion in Modern Healthcare Settings
- Republican Opposition to Obamacare: What's Done, What's to Come
- Lowering Default Pill Counts in EMRs May Effectively Reduce Postoperative Opioid Prescription Numbers
- Steps Taken to Increase Use of Electronic Tools in Medicine
- Daily and Retrospective Pain Measurements Comparable in Hip Osteoarthritis