LOPRESSOR HCT Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Metoprolol tartrate, hydrochlorothiazide 50mg/25mg, 100mg/25mg; scored tabs.
Indications for LOPRESSOR HCT:
Titrate individual components.
Sinus bradycardia. 2nd- or 3rd-degree AV block. Overt heart failure. Cardiogenic shock. Sick-sinus syndrome. Severe peripheral circulatory disorders. Anuria. Sulfonamide allergy.
Avoid abrupt discontinuation in ischemic heart disease.
CHF. Ischemic heart disease. Bronchospastic disease, COPD. Renal or hepatic dysfunction. Gout. Diabetes. Postsympathectomy. Hyperthyroidism. Surgery. SLE. Avoid abrupt cessation. Monitor electrolytes. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Cardioselective beta-blocker + diuretic.
Potentiated by alcohol, CNS depressants, other antihypertensives. Bradycardia with catecholamine-depleting drugs. Metoprolol potentiated by felodipine. Increased toxicity of calcium channel blockers, lidocaine, diazoxide, digitalis, lithium. Antagonized by NSAIDs, barbiturates, rifampin. Amphotericin B, ACTH, corticosteroids increase hypokalemia risk. Adjust antidiabetic medication. May antagonize epinephrine. May interfere with parathyroid, glaucoma screening tests.
Fatigue, bronchospasm, dizziness, drowsiness, headache, fluid or electrolyte imbalance, bradycardia, depression, dyspnea, GI upset, blurred vision, tinnitus, earache, impotence, myalgia, cold extremities, CHF, heart block.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Manual Therapy vs Opioids for Management of Shoulder, Spine Pain
- Kinesiophobia May Be Associated With Greater Cutaneous Allodynia in Migraine
- Intervention by Pharmacists May Effectively Reduce Use of Inappropriate Medications in the Elderly
- PainDETECT May Not Be Optimal to Detect Neuropathic Components of Orofacial Pain
- Topical Migraine Trigger Point Treatment as Effective as Injection
- Serum Vitamin D Levels and Risk for Migraine
- Rimegepant Orally Dissolving Formulation Provides Rapid Relief From Acute Migraine
- Updated Evidence-Based Recommendations for Buprenorphine Treatment
- Prescription Digital Therapeutic Approved for Opioid Use Disorder
- Persistence of Post-Traumatic CRPS Associated With Initial Pain Sensitization
- Blunted Cardiovascular Stress Reactivity in Fibromyalgia With Comorbid PTSD
- Name-Brand Medications Driving Spike in U.S. Drug Spending
- Physician Responsibility to Combat "Fake News" in Medicine
- The Future Of Robot Physicians: Is Artificial Intelligence Poised to Take Over Medicine?
- Chronic Spinal Pain and Depression: Does One Represent a Risk Factor for the Other?