Generic Name and Formulations:
Chlorambucil 2mg; tabs.
Indications for LEUKERAN:
Palliative treatment of chronic lymphatic (lymphocytic) leukemia and malignant lymphomas (including lymphosarcoma, giant follicular lymphoma, and Hodgkin's disease).
See literature. 0.1–0.2mg/kg per day for 3–6 weeks. Reduce dose if leukocyte or platelet counts fall below normal values and discontinue if more severe depression occurs. Do not give full dose within 4 weeks of radio- or chemotherapy.
Compromised bone marrow function. History of seizure disorder or head trauma. Monitor blood weekly (during first 3–6 weeks, do WBC count 3–4 days after each weekly CBC). Discontinue if skin reactions occur. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.D), nursing mothers: not recommended.
Avoid live vaccines. Myelosuppressives, radiotherapy potentiate antineoplastic effect. Caution with drugs that lower seizure threshold.
Bone marrow suppression, seizures, fever, rash, hypersensitivity, urticaria, azoospermia, amenorrhea, sterility, hepato- and pulmonary toxicity, secondary malignancies, GI upset.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Abuse-Deterrent Opioid Formulations: Barriers to Broader Use
- Women Frequently Prescribed High Doses of Opioids After Vaginal Delivery
- Notifications by PDMPs May Not Effectively Reduce Opioid Misuse
- Virtual Reality May Effectively Reduce Sensory, Affective, and Cognitive Pain During Labor
- Medical Cannabis Legalization Associated With Reduced Schedule III Opioid Prescriptions
- Neuropathic Pain Medications
- Higher Buprenorphine Dose May Not Increase Severity of Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome
- Terms Used for Addiction May Be Associated With Explicit, Implicit Bias
- Ketamine Infusions May Be Effective for Refractory Headache
- Physical, Psychosocial Activity May Be Protective Against Development of Chronic Pain in Older Adults
- Prioritizing Rest in Hospital Settings: Poor Sleep Increases Costs, Complications, and Mortality
- Pain Catastrophizing Decreases in Rheumatoid Arthritis After DMARD Initiation
- Addressing Commercial Incentives in the Medical Device Industry
- Cancer Patients Treated With Step III Opioids Often Have Sleep Disturbances
- Low Literacy Self-Management Program for Chronic Pain May Be Effective