Belief in a long recovery, many symptoms attributed to pain negatively tied to improvement/
A novel standardized spinal cord stimulation workflow may effectively and consistently alleviate back and leg pain associated with Failed Back Surgery Syndrome.
Administration of hyaluronidase and corticosteroid methylprednisolone acetate to the epidural space during epiduroscopy for failed back surgery-related radicular pain may improve back pain and disability at 1 year.
Patients with a lumbar disc herniation and associated back pain may experience improvements in back pain, leg pain, and disability 12 months after single- or 2-level lumbar discectomy.
A 39-year-old man presents to the emergency department with 3 days of progressive bilateral leg pain, nausea, malaise, and no other symptoms. What additional tests should you order to make a correct diagnosis?
The Senza system reduced back pain an average of 5 points, compared to 3 points for traditional stimulation.
The lack of evidence base for treating chronic pain with neurostimulation resulted in the development of guideline recommendations based on systematic review and meta-analysis of published studies.
Paresthesia-free spinal cord stimulation (SCS) with 10-kHz high-frequency (HF10) therapy was superior to traditional SCS for long-term treatment of intractable back and leg pain.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Analyzing Coverage of Nonpharmacologic Treatments for Low Back Pain
- Two Screening Tools May Accurately Predict Transition From Acute to Chronic Low Back Pain
- Operant Learning May Provide More Benefits Than Energy Conservation in Fibromyalgia
- Predicting the Magnitude of Placebo Analgesia in Chronic Pain
- Dsuvia Gains FDA Approval: We Want to Hear Your Thoughts
- The Unintended Consequences of the CDC Opioid Guideline According to Pain Management Specialists
- Initial Consultation for Neck Pain May Reduce Opioid Consumption, Healthcare Utilization
- FDA-Approved Test Provides Pharmacogenetic Reports Directly to Consumers
- Set of Interventions May Effectively Reduce Opioid Overprescribing
- Cannabinoid-Associated Analgesia May Be Mediated Through Modulation of Affective Processes
- Half of the Responders to Our Poll Agree With the Approval of Dsuvia: We Want to Hear From You
- Daily Alcohol Use May Drive Chronic Pain in Adults With HIV
- Tools to Address the Opioid Crisis
- AHA/ACC Release Updated Guidelines for Cholesterol Management
- Women Fed Soy Formula as Infants More Likely to Experience Menstrual Pain