A recent bill passed in the US House of Representatives proposes a number of changes to malpractice liability rules, including a $250,000 cap on non-economic damages.
Scientists continue to be the targets of legal action from pharmaceutical, medical device, and nutraceutical companies when published studies frame these companies' products in an unfavorable light.
The NP failed to provide standard care.
Knowing when to make a referral and when to look more carefully into a patient's problems on your own is difficult. However, it is important to consider all options when diagnosing a patient.
Under the law, hospitals with EDs must provide for "an appropriate medical screening examination within the capability of the hospital's ED" to determine if an emergency medical condition exists.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Stages of Low Back Pain Have Specific Sets of Clinical Indicators
- FDA Approves Aimovig for Migraine Prevention
- Pain Interference Associated With Depression, Pain Self-Efficacy in Chronic Musculoskeletal Pain
- Factors Associated With Neuropathic Pain in Ankylosing Spondylitis
- Detox vs Medication-Assisted Treatment for Opioid Use Disorder in Pregnancy: Expert Roundtable
- Effect of Prescription Drug Monitoring Programs on Fatal, Nonfatal Drug Overdoses
- Standardized SCS Workflow May Effectively Alleviate Failed Back Surgery Syndrome-Related Pain
- Marijuana Legalization and Opioid Prescribing Rates
- Medical Marijuana Users More Likely to Use Prescription Drugs for Medical, Nonmedical Purposes
- Interbrain Coupling During Handholding Associated With Analgesia, Empathy
- Remission Rates and Predictors of Chronic Headache
- Overuse and Underuse of Imaging Common in Low Back Pain Management
- Unit-Dose Packaging of Buprenorphine-Naloxone Effective on Unintentional Pediatric Exposure
- Language Used in Medical Record Can Affect Patient Care
- Opioid-Related Adverse Drug Events Associated With Worse Patient, Cost Outcomes