Physicians approved development of preliminary assessment guidelines at AMA meeting.
Ruling preserves tax credits for 6.4 million people in 34 states.
Sixty percent contained less active ingredient than label said, while 23% had more.
Increase of 21.7% in incidents since last report; theft is costly to consumers.
Brain abnormalities linked to symptoms of interstitial cystitis/bladder pain syndrome.
Secure messaging protocol allows for easy communication; meets HIPPA privacy, security rules.
Increased risk of adverse respiratory events, frequency of airway interventions with obesity.
More than 250 seniors didn't match to residency; reasons include failing exams, poor interview skills.
Novel approaches to learning encouraged, such as flipped classroom, use of reflective narratives.
No impact on medical school admission rate, but lower rate of passing Step examinations.
Enhancements may have helped boost the confidence of participants.
Six principles of success described for integrated leadership between hospitals, physicians.
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has warning consumers to not buy or use GC Natural's Pyrola Advanced Joint Formula, an herbal supplement marketed for joint pain.
Physicians' spending grew more slowly over 2003 to 2013 than hospital and clinical spending.
Tips to implement include verification of insurance status, collection at time of service, ease of payment.
Sixty percent of responses from clinicians in large practices were from users of 10 EHR products.
Drivers of distress include unsupportive learning environment, mistreatment, debt.
Could benefit medicine but researchers warn of potential to create illegal drugs.
Physicians should prepare carefully; consider finances, legal issues, and insurance.
Increase in coverage by public insurance plans, but increasing number of consumers have deductibles.
Academic health system uses nondisclosure clauses in most malpractice settlement agreements
Traits include having retirement portfolio on track or ahead of schedule, having emergency fund.
Intake forms should remind patients of their responsibility for paying bills, collection costs
Pernix announced the launch of a new formulation of Zohydro ER (hydrocodone bitartrate extended-release capsules) with BeadTek, a new abuse-deterrent technology.
Rigidity of surgical resident policies may have unintended, detrimental effects on patient.
Number of people receiving treatment also rose in recent years.
Data mining tools, including health maintenance alerts, reports, are available in EHR products.
Good communication is crucial for managing encounters when denying a patient request.
Legislation includes provisions such as simplification of reporting programs, incentive payments.
Researchers call for enhanced security as more patient information is stored online.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Supervised Injection Sites: Facts, Information, Pros, and Cons
- Chronic Pain May Be a Contributing Factor to Suicide
- Striking a Balance Between Opioid Surveillance and Patient Privacy
- Demographic Characteristics of Pregnant Women With Opioid Use Disorder
- Effects of Mindfulness Therapy, Pharmacologic Prophylaxis on Catecholamine Levels in Migraine
- Perioperative Pain Management in Patients With Opioid Use Disorder
- Cannabinoid-Associated Analgesia May Be Mediated Through Modulation of Affective Processes
- Seven-Item Pain Intensity Measure Reliable in Individuals With Dementia
- Reviewing the Efficacy of Invasive Procedures for Chronic Back, Knee Pain
- Antidepressant Effects of Ketamine Appear to Require Opioid System Activation
- Lower Weighting of Hand Cortical Representations in CRPS
- Predicting Success of Focal Nerve Surgery Based on Diagnostic Block Response
- Aetna-CVS Merger Approved
- FDA Announces Draft Guidance for Consumer OTC Access to Previously Prescription Drugs
- Maryland Legislature: Will Federal Courts Permit State Regulation of Drug Prices?