KAOPECTATE LIQUID OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Bismuth subsalicylate 262mg/15mL; regular (contains K+ 5mg, Na+ 10mg), peppermint (contains K+ 5mg, Na+ 10mg), and cherry flavor (contains Na+ 10mg).
Indications for KAOPECTATE LIQUID:
30mL every 30–60 minutes if needed. Max 8 doses/day.
Varicella or influenza in children and teenagers.
Ulcer. Coagulation disorders. Diabetes. Reye's syndrome. Sodium-restricted diet. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Potentiates oral anticoagulants, hypoglycemics. Antagonizes uricosurics. Salicylism with aspirin. Reduces tetracycline absorption.
Darkened tongue and/or stool.
Liq (regular, peppermint)—8oz, 12oz; Liq (cherry)—6oz; Extra strength liq—8oz, 12oz
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Virtual Reality May Effectively Reduce Sensory, Affective, and Cognitive Pain During Labor
- Suprazygomatic Sphenopalatine Ganglion Block May Quickly Relieve Status Migrainosus Pain
- Reducing Mortality After Overdose: Is Treatment for Opioid Use Disorder Effective?
- A Physician's Guide to Incorporating Patient Spirituality in Practice
- Low Literacy Self-Management Program for Chronic Pain May Be Effective
- Neuropathic Pain Medications
- Higher Buprenorphine Dose May Not Increase Severity of Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome
- Terms Used for Addiction May Be Associated With Explicit, Implicit Bias
- Ketamine Infusions May Be Effective for Refractory Headache
- Physical, Psychosocial Activity May Be Protective Against Development of Chronic Pain in Older Adults
- The Challenge of Compassion in Modern Healthcare Settings
- Republican Opposition to Obamacare: What's Done, What's to Come
- Lowering Default Pill Counts in EMRs May Effectively Reduce Postoperative Opioid Prescription Numbers
- Steps Taken to Increase Use of Electronic Tools in Medicine
- Daily and Retrospective Pain Measurements Comparable in Hip Osteoarthritis