KAOPECTATE EXTRA STRENGTH LIQUID OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Bismuth subsalicylate 525mg/15mL; peppermint flavor (contains K+ 5mg, Na+ 10mg).
Indications for KAOPECTATE EXTRA STRENGTH LIQUID:
30mL every 60 minutes if needed; max 4 doses/day.
Varicella or influenza in children and teenagers.
Ulcer. Coagulation disorders. Diabetes. Reye's syndrome. Sodium-restricted diet. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Potentiates oral anticoagulants, hypoglycemics. Antagonizes uricosurics. Salicylism with aspirin. Reduces tetracycline absorption.
Darkened tongue and/or stool.
Liq (regular, peppermint)—8oz, 12oz; Liq (cherry)—6oz; Extra strength liq—8oz, 12oz
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Abuse-Deterrent Opioid Formulations: Barriers to Broader Use
- Women Frequently Prescribed High Doses of Opioids After Vaginal Delivery
- Notifications by PDMPs May Not Effectively Reduce Opioid Misuse
- Virtual Reality May Effectively Reduce Sensory, Affective, and Cognitive Pain During Labor
- Medical Cannabis Legalization Associated With Reduced Schedule III Opioid Prescriptions
- Neuropathic Pain Medications
- Higher Buprenorphine Dose May Not Increase Severity of Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome
- Terms Used for Addiction May Be Associated With Explicit, Implicit Bias
- Ketamine Infusions May Be Effective for Refractory Headache
- Physical, Psychosocial Activity May Be Protective Against Development of Chronic Pain in Older Adults
- Opioid Use Disorder Prevalence at Delivery on the Rise in the US, According to CDC
- Suprazygomatic Sphenopalatine Ganglion Block May Quickly Relieve Status Migrainosus Pain
- Pharmacologically Induced Headache Accompanied by Dilated Cephalic Vessels
- IV Lidocaine May Be Safe, Efficacious for Pediatric Status Migraine
- Gray Matter Changes in Migraine Associated With Clinical Characteristics