Isosorbide dinitrate Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Isosorbide dinitrate 2.5mg, 5mg; sublingual tabs.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Isosorbide dinitrate:
Prophylaxis and treatment (in patients that do not respond to sublingual nitroglycerin) of angina.
2.5–5mg sublingually 15 mins before activity; allow a daily dose-free interval of at least 14hrs.
Concomitant PDEIs (eg, sildenafil, tadalafil, vardenafil), riociguat.
Recent MI. CHF. Hypotension. Volume depletion. Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. Tolerance may develop. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
See Contraindications. Severe hypotension with sildenafil. Hypotension potentiated with alcohol, other vasodilators, calcium channel blockers.
Headache, orthostatic hypotension, paradoxical bradycardia.
Sublingual tabs formerly known under the brand names Isordil, Sorbitrate.
Sublingual—contact supplier; Titradose—100
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- History of Migraine May Be Associated With Higher Risk for Cochlear Disorders
- Radiofrequency Denervation Efficacious in Treating Thoracic Zygapophyseal Joint Pain
- Symptom Severity, Sensory Sensitivity May Indicate Pain Centralization in Chronic Overlapping Pain Conditions
- Stat Consult: Chronic Low Back Pain
- Opioid Misuse May Help Predict Alcohol Dependence Treatment Outcomes
- Consensus Guidelines for the Use of Intravenous Ketamine for Chronic Pain
- Pain Societies Issue Guidelines on Use of Ketamine for the Management of Acute Pain
- Labor Epidural Analgesia Linked to Reduced Likelihood of Successful Breastfeeding
- Novel Oral Treatment Safe, Effective for Migraine Headache Relief
- DFN-02 Nasal Spray Safe, Effective for Acute Treatment of Episodic Migraine
- Methadone Improves Short-Term Outcomes Better Than Morphine in Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome
- Addressing Rare Headache Disorders: Acute Confusional Migraine
- Hospital-Owned Practices Associated With Positive Workplace Perceptions Among Staff
- Optimal Strategies for Opioid Weaning After Ambulatory Surgery
- Chinese Traditional Medicine Showed Effectiveness on Pain, Quality of Life in Advanced Cancer