Irritable Bowel Syndrome
Public-private partnership initiative develops core diagnostic criteria for abdominal, pelvic, and urogenital pain associated with irritable bowel syndrome.
The FDA has accepted the supplemental New Drug Application for Trulance for the treatment of irritable bowel syndrome with constipation.
The efficiency of self-administered hypnotherapy is equivalent to that of in-office hypnotherapy in relieving pediatric irritable bowel syndrome or functional abdominal pain.
Probiotics may alleviate pain in the short-term in children with recurrent abdominal pain.
The FDA is warning patients and healthcare professionals that Viberzi tablets should not be used in patients without a gallbladder due to an increased risk of developing serious pancreatitis
Most frequent upper functional GI disorders in IBS were functional dyspepsia, belching disorders
Tarantula toxin specifically mediates mechanonociception
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Abuse-Deterrent Opioid Formulations: Barriers to Broader Use
- Notifications by PDMPs May Not Effectively Reduce Opioid Misuse
- Virtual Reality May Effectively Reduce Sensory, Affective, and Cognitive Pain During Labor
- Medical Cannabis Legalization Associated With Reduced Schedule III Opioid Prescriptions
- Electroacupuncture May Help Reduce Opioid Use in Chronic Musculoskeletal Pain
- Neuropathic Pain Medications
- Higher Buprenorphine Dose May Not Increase Severity of Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome
- Terms Used for Addiction May Be Associated With Explicit, Implicit Bias
- Ketamine Infusions May Be Effective for Refractory Headache
- Physical, Psychosocial Activity May Be Protective Against Development of Chronic Pain in Older Adults
- Opioid Use Disorder Prevalence at Delivery on the Rise in the US, According to CDC
- Suprazygomatic Sphenopalatine Ganglion Block May Quickly Relieve Status Migrainosus Pain
- Pharmacologically Induced Headache Accompanied by Dilated Cephalic Vessels
- IV Lidocaine May Be Safe, Efficacious for Pediatric Status Migraine
- Gray Matter Changes in Migraine Associated With Clinical Characteristics