Rheumatoid arthritis can be managed through diet to reduce inflammatory cytokine levels and protect against bone and joint destruction. We're sharing the best foods for managing rheumatoid arthritis.
Patients with myalgic encephalomyelitis or chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS) were shown to have a differential cytokine signature compared with healthy controls.
Eating fish at least twice a week may significantly reduce the pain and swelling associated with rheumatoid arthritis.
Cibinetide, an innate repair receptor agonist, was shown to exert disease-modifying effects by reversing sarcoidosis-related nerve loss in the cornea and skin.
Outcome measurement tools for psoriatic arthritis have been updated by the Group for Research and Assessment of Psoriasis and Psoriatic Arthritis.
Growth hormone may modulate pain by blocking nociceptor sensitization induced by cutaneous inflammation in neonates.
An anti-inflammatory diet may protect women against bone density loss and decrease the risk of hip fracture.
Vagus nerve stimulation inhibits cytokine production and reduces inflammation, and may be effective for a subset of RA patients.
"To understand pain, we need to understand the interaction between the immune, endocrine and nervous systems."
YHS presents a potential new treatment option for neuropathic pain management, without the tolerance observed with many analgesic drugs.
"We are what we eat; to be more specific, we are what we ingest, digest, and absorb, and the microbiome has a key role to play in that," said Dr Tick.
This study provides evidence to explain activation of peripheral opioid receptors by inflammation.
This study also suggests that genetic factors, environmental factors and inflammation are independent predictors of radiographic progression in the SI joint in early axial SpA.
Age and cigarette smoking are associated with inflammatory joint signs in a high-risk cohort of RA first-degree relatives.
Because the increased cytokine levels in the acute phase of herpes zoster are assumed to be a potential mechanism for inducing PHN, the early suppression of these cytokines by LLLT may help prevent the development of PHN.
Much of the disability associated with RA relates to the pain secondary to inflammatory joint inflammation.
BMI related to pathogenesis of multi-site pain
Caused by dysregulation of inflammatory responses
A 17% increase in CRP was observed in females with migraine.
Patients with inflammatory arthritis want to be informed about current, future treatment options.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Replacing Sleep, Sedentary Behavior With Physical Activity Beneficial in Knee Osteoarthritis
- The Role of Psychological Factors in Phantom Limb Pain Reviewed
- FDA Outlines Plan for New Analgesic Guidance to Combat Opioid Crisis
- Ozone vs Corticosteroids May Provide Longer-Lasting Effects for Plantar Fasciitis
- Opioid Use Stable in Past Decade Among Commercially Insured, Medicare Beneficiaries
- Ketamine: Mechanisms of Action, Uses in Pain Medicine, and Side Effects
- Cannabis May Be Effective for Migraine Treatment
- Medicinal Cannabis May Not Have Opioid-Sparing Effects in Chronic Noncancer Pain
- Integrating Psychological Interventions Into Chronic Pain Management
- Chronic Neck Pain: Generators, Clinical Examination, MRI Findings, and Differential Diagnosis
- Pregabalin May Not Improve Analgesia During Medical Abortion
- Investigational Treatment Shows Promise in Chronic Low Back Pain
- Rheumatologist-Assessed vs Criteria for Inflammatory Back Pain in Psoriatic Arthritis
- Incorporating Guidelines Into Clinical Practice: An Interview With Gary L. LeRoy, MD
- Pain Severity May Partly Mediate the Association Between Depression and Physical Performance in Knee OA