IMODIUM MULTI-SYMPTOM RELIEF OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Loperamide HCl 2mg, simethicone 125mg; chew tabs; caplets; mint flavored; contains calcium.
McNeil Consumer Healthcare
Indications for IMODIUM MULTI-SYMPTOM RELIEF:
Diarrhea with gas.
Chew tabs: take with 4–8oz of water after each dose. Initially 2 chew tabs or caplets, then 1 chew tab or caplet after each loose stool; max 4 tabs or caplets per day for 2 days.
<6yrs: consult physician. Chew tabs: take with 4–8oz of water after each dose. ≥6yrs: initially 1 chew tab or caplet, then ½ chew tab or caplet after each loose stool. 48–59lbs (6–8yrs): max 2 tabs or caplets per day for 2 days. 60–95lbs (9–11yrs): max 3 tabs or caplets per day for 2 days.
If constipation must be avoided. Acute dysentery.
Acute ulcerative colitis and antibiotic induced pseudomembranous colitis; discontinue if abdominal distention occurs. In dehydration, use fluid and electrolyte replacement. Hepatic dysfunction; monitor for CNS toxicity. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
Antidiarrheal + antiflatulent.
Abdominal pain, distention, constipation, dry mouth, nausea, drowsiness, dizziness, fatigue, rash.
Caps—30; A-D Caplets—6, 12, 18, 24; A-D Liq—2oz, 4oz; Multi-Symptom Caplets—12, 42; Multi-Symptom Chew tabs—18, 42
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Manual Therapy vs Opioids for Management of Shoulder, Spine Pain
- Opioids: Clinician Concern and Prescribing Practices
- Screening for Hyperglycemia Prior to Steroid Injections for Chronic Pain
- Ensuring Safety During Long-Term Opioid Therapy
- Intervention by Pharmacists May Effectively Reduce Use of Inappropriate Medications in the Elderly
- Serum Vitamin D Levels and Risk for Migraine
- Rimegepant Orally Dissolving Formulation Provides Rapid Relief From Acute Migraine
- Updated Evidence-Based Recommendations for Buprenorphine Treatment
- Business Degree Increasingly Useful for Doctors
- Prescription Digital Therapeutic Approved for Opioid Use Disorder
- Kinesiophobia May Be Associated With Greater Cutaneous Allodynia in Migraine
- CDC: 8.8% of Individuals in the United States Uninsured in First Half of 2018
- Patient Experiences Shed Light on Diagnostic Errors
- Topical Migraine Trigger Point Treatment as Effective as Injection
- Wikipedia in Medical Education: An Educator's Guide to Crowdsourcing