Investigators conducted a prospective cohort study to examine the risk of incident hypertension in women with migraine.
In patients with chronic pain, comorbid hypertension may be mediated by reduced heart rate variability and spontaneous baroreflex sensitivity.
Findings from a recent study were unable to show a cause and effect relationship between headache and cerebrospinal fluid pressure in idiopathic intracranial hypertension, despite that headache is typically the first symptom.
Researchers found that marijuana use increases risk of hypertension-related death by three-fold, and marijuana use is linked to greater cardiovascular risks than cigarette smoking.
Most primary care physicians can't identify all 11 risk factors for prediabetes, and it's important to address gaps in knowledge.
The Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension (DASH) diet is effective for prevention of gout.
Dr Pamela Rist discusses her research in women with migraine and hypertension at the 2017 American Academy of Neurology Annual Meeting in Boston, MA. Scroll to below the video for a full text transcript of Dr Rist's interview.
The risk for developing hypertension was slightly higher in women with a history of migraine compared with women who do not have a history of the condition.
Having knee osteoarthritis may increase the likelihood of developing hypertension.
The anti-nociceptive effect of beta-adrenergic blockade is associated with decreased joint pain and reduced opioid requirements in patients with symptomatic large joint osteoarthritis and hypertension.
Increase expected to lead to fewer coronary heart disease events, stroke events, CVD-related deaths.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Opioid Use in Chronic Low Back Pain: A Population Study
- Risks Associated With Co-Administration of Aspirin and Other NSAIDs
- FDA Approves Aimovig for Migraine Prevention
- Stages of Low Back Pain Have Specific Sets of Clinical Indicators
- First Non-Opioid Drug Approved for Managing Opioid Withdrawal Symptoms
- Effect of Prescription Drug Monitoring Programs on Fatal, Nonfatal Drug Overdoses
- Standardized SCS Workflow May Effectively Alleviate Failed Back Surgery Syndrome-Related Pain
- Marijuana Legalization and Opioid Prescribing Rates
- Medical Marijuana Users More Likely to Use Prescription Drugs for Medical, Nonmedical Purposes
- Interbrain Coupling During Handholding Associated With Analgesia, Empathy
- Opioid-Related Adverse Drug Events Associated With Worse Patient, Cost Outcomes
- Education Plus Exercise, Single Corticosteroid Injection Effective in Long Term for Gluteal Tendinopathy
- Detox vs Medication-Assisted Treatment for Opioid Use Disorder in Pregnancy: Expert Roundtable
- Naloxone Training Beneficial for PA Students
- Supervised Injection Sites Hailed as the Latest Strategy to Fight the Opioid Crisis